• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

lets try this discussion again shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im trying to figure out why these groups are marginalized and hated for likely the way they were born, its not like these people see all the hatred and hardship others of that group have suffered and think " wow i want that in my life!" as people with AS we are also born different to the mainstream so atleast for us we should be able to see these groups as simply people with their own inborn problems they need to live with

I think that the marginalization of non-mainstream groups is the result of the failings of those doing the marginalization rather than there being something about a non-mainstream group which warrants being marginalized or hated.

I think that if a person is inclined to marginalize or hate a group of people it won't make a difference to them whether the group of people were born the way they are or not.

Even if an individual has experience of being different from the maistream, I don't think it gaurentees that, they themselves, won't marginalize and hate others that are also different from the mainstream.

it just seems sad that if someone is part of a group they all get tar-ed with the same brush because of it. i am a man, does that make me a womanizing dude-bro? perhaps i think all a lesbian needs is the right guy? maybe i like football? no, it means i have the dna XY thats it, anything after that is up in the air until you see and get to know ME.

I think there are at least two aspects.

One is the behavioral nature of Homo Sapiens Sapiens (not a typo, we are Sapiens x 2). Look at that and I believe you will find the greater part of your answer fairly quickly.

Two is how that plays out in society and culture at any given time.

I'll make a generalization and say no matter where you go, hate finds an expression, an outlet. I wish we could look forward to moving beyond it, but don't think that will happen. At times, it is held in check by societal forces, but its always there lurking, waiting for its chance to emerge again.

One is the behavioral nature of Homo Sapiens Sapiens (not a typo, we are Sapiens x 2). Look at that and I believe you will find the greater part of your answer fairly quickly.

I'll make a generalization and say no matter where you go, hate finds an expression, an outlet. I wish we could look forward to moving beyond it, but don't think that will happen. At times, it is held in check by societal forces, but its always there lurking, waiting for its chance to emerge again.
a truely sad thing

is there nothing we as people can do to correct the things people think about these people at the very least? they are simply situations that ANYBODY regardless of race can be born to it can affect anyone.

Fairness and justice is a thing Aspies tend to care about more than NTs (not trying to NT bash, and yes its a generalization).
If A Field Guide to Earthlings is correct, NTs see people as either friends or enemies - there is no middle ground for them. Aspies tend to be more egalitarian, and see people as equals to be respected.

so what's to hate? is it worry that all gay/lesbian people lust after you? get your damn ego in check!
That seems to be a fairly inflammatory way to start a thread.
I don't really understand the aim of this thread.
Is it asking me to justify why I hate marginalised groups? That seems similar to asking a man if he still beats his wife? Guilt is assumed in the question.
however, one request if i may: if you want to change the status quo to simply become the one on top kindly don't speak, you are no better than the group there now you are just angry its not you
Also seems a little accusatory and unlikely (imho) to attract clinical analysis and restrained comment.

I presume people hate what they fear and they fear what they don't understand or have not socialized with. I find it's not uncommon for people stop hating when they're socialized with the group they hated (i.e. racists who hang out with people from other races and nationalities) or are otherwise educated about their ignorance, but sadly, the problem is that most people for the most part don't like challenging themselves, period. Rather they rationalize their emotions and find excuses to continue their attitude. To put it simply, hate is like a fastfood emotion and if there's no direct consequence, people are generally not inclined to challenge it.

It's extremely easy to hate something and extremely emotionally hard to confront deep, ingrained beliefs.

I think it is an ingrained human trait to fear what one doesn't understand and to hate what one fears.
In order to grow as intelligent human beings, we should really work to study our fears and the origin of such fear. :)

That seems to be a fairly inflammatory way to start a thread.
I don't really understand the aim of this thread.
Is it asking me to justify why I hate marginalised groups? That seems similar to asking a man if he still beats his wife? Guilt is assumed in the question.

Also seems a little accusatory and unlikely (imho) to attract clinical analysis and restrained comment.

no it is asking why they are hated in general, from my experience it seems that the general view of these people is poor and i would like to establish there really isn't anything to hate.

before i started this thread i looked into a couple of women's and transgender views on the next and some seemed to just want to flip things around for them to 'be on top' rather than equality. i'm not saying all women and transgender people are like that just as i'm not saying all men are the same i was simply trying to head that off.

I presume people hate what they fear and they fear what they don't understand or have not socialized with. I find it's not uncommon for people stop hating when they're socialized with the group they hated (i.e. racists who hang out with people from other races and nationalities) or are otherwise educated about their ignorance, but sadly, the problem is that most people for the most part don't like challenging themselves, period. Rather they rationalize their emotions and find excuses to continue their attitude. To put it simply, hate is like a fastfood emotion and if there's no direct consequence, people are generally not inclined to challenge it.

It's extremely easy to hate something and extremely emotionally hard to confront deep, ingrained beliefs.
i thought too much hate leads to the dark-side? or in some cases 'the a**hole side'

I have an issue with 'Hate' myself in my Aspie role as a promoter of justice and equality - I can't think of a group/type/minority.. whatever, that I feel such emotion toward, I'm not even sure I've ever truly hated anyone. Even if someone wrongs me, I may feel hurt, but hate - even resentment - just doesn't come into it.. I can't understand why anyone would want to irrationally waste energy hating someone else for their sexual orientation (I'm demisexual), skin color (peachy-orangy-yellow, otherwise known as white), gender (not particularly masculine male), geography (the planet Earth)..

In the UK, the Government currently and not-so-subtlely makes it apparent that immigrants and benefit scroungers are the cause of our unstable economy - and the majority believe it! All the reading I do into these issues and talking to people I know in both situations, indicates that, both groups totalling less than 10% of the population, they can't really be causing anything like as much of an issue as the amount of money the Government itself loses by allowing corporations to operate tax free, spending more and more on the supposed 'War against drugs' and politicians spending £30,000 on new office carpets and claiming against expenses.
In my view the current groups-to-hate are simply scapegoats to divert public awareness away from the class divide - the rich get richer.. and the groups that promote such sentiments are just preying on their target audiences' capacity for fear/frustration/anger for their own ends, historically and eternally: money, power and sex.

I have an issue with 'Hate' myself in my Aspie role as a promoter of justice and equality - I can't think of a group/type/minority.. whatever, that I feel such emotion toward, I'm not even sure I've ever truly hated anyone. Even if someone wrongs me, I may feel hurt, but hate - even resentment - just doesn't come into it.. I can't understand why anyone would want to irrationally waste energy hating someone else for their sexual orientation (I'm demisexual), skin color (peachy-orangy-yellow, otherwise known as white), gender (not particularly masculine male), geography (the planet Earth)..

In the UK, the Government currently and not-so-subtlely makes it apparent that immigrants and benefit scroungers are the cause of our unstable economy - and the majority believe it! All the reading I do into these issues and talking to people I know in both situations, indicates that, both groups totalling less than 10% of the population, they can't really be causing anything like as much of an issue as the amount of money the Government itself loses by allowing corporations to operate tax free, spending more and more on the supposed 'War against drugs' and politicians spending £30,000 on new office carpets and claiming against expenses.
In my view the current groups-to-hate are simply scapegoats to divert public awareness away from the class divide - the rich get richer.. and the groups that promote such sentiments are just preying on their target audiences' capacity for fear/frustration/anger for their own ends, historically and eternally: money, power and sex.
i'm honestly surprised our government is still operating as it is as nobody seems to trust them... i don't have a job, because of mental issues i cannot stay focused on anything for very long and cannot build motivation because of that. i'm very worried about what the government is going to do to my situation. its funny they did a check on how many people were actually benefit scroungers and as it turns out its really not as many as they thought.

i'm honestly surprised our government is still operating as it is as nobody seems to trust them... i don't have a job, because of mental issues i cannot stay focused on anything for very long and cannot build motivation because of that. i'm very worried about what the government is going to do to my situation. its funny they did a check on how many people were actually benefit scroungers and as it turns out its really not as many as they thought.

I'm also on incapacity benefit due to mental health issues and have been for two years, while funding is continually being withdrawn from M/H and Autism services as, at the same time, biased assessments are forcing the genuinely disabled back to work.. statistics show that more than 50% of appeals are upheld and only 1.5% of those claiming benefits do so undeservedly.
I've desperately sought help so I can return to work but I've been ignored at every turn - it's actually been 15 years since I started my quest, yet I'll not be surprised if the next assessment forces me back into the job market before I'm able and thence directly into a psych ward..

Honestly not being pessimistic here, I just think it's worth facing the reality of my situation, it's just that the system doesn't make logical sense any more, mainly since it's been mostly privatized in low-key fashion and it's now all about companies making profit!

.. So the state of the entire benefits system alone is blamed on this 1.5%, totally unrealistically.. the NHS - immigrants, most of whom actually work and support the economy.. the job market - again, immigrants "taking our jobs", when many are taking work at below minimum wage and make up a significant proportion of our homeless population.

Our Government is as corrupt as any in the world, they're just better at hiding the fact!

.. Oooo, rant, ahem, pardon me :oops:

I'm also on incapacity benefit due to mental health issues and have been for two years, while funding is continually being withdrawn from M/H and Autism services as, at the same time, biased assessments are forcing the genuinely disabled back to work.. statistics show that more than 50% of appeals are upheld and only 1.5% of those claiming benefits do so undeservedly.
I've desperately sought help so I can return to work but I've been ignored at every turn - it's actually been 15 years since I started my quest, yet I'll not be surprised if the next assessment forces me back into the job market before I'm able and thence directly into a psych ward..

Honestly not being pessimistic here, I just think it's worth facing the reality of my situation, it's just that the system doesn't make logical sense any more, mainly since it's been mostly privatized in low-key fashion and it's now all about companies making profit!

.. So the state of the entire benefits system alone is blamed on this 1.5%, totally unrealistically.. the NHS - immigrants, most of whom actually work and support the economy.. the job market - again, immigrants "taking our jobs", when many are taking work at below minimum wage and make up a significant proportion of our homeless population.

Our Government is as corrupt as any in the world, they're just better at hiding the fact!

.. Oooo, rant, ahem, pardon me :oops:
its ok, i am guilty of ranting (look at the start of this thread :p) im not one to judge. that said do you have a group you distrust because of something they are born to?

its ok, i am guilty of ranting (look at the start of this thread :p) im not one to judge. that said do you have a group you distrust because of something they are born to?

I do have a bit of a 'suspicion thing' for large, bald men, actually.. I've analysed this and can only think that it's due to having been caused trouble by a few such over the years I ran my own business - no hate or prejudice though, I am fully aware of this and mentally flag the impulse as illogical.. in fact, my mate is a large, bald guy. :D

(Disclaimer: Honestly no offence meant to any large, bald men here on AC or, even, anywhere in the world ;))

I do have a bit of a 'suspicion thing' for large, bald men, actually.. I've analysed this and can only think that it's due to having been caused trouble by a few such over the years I ran my own business - no hate or prejudice though, I am fully aware of this and mentally flag the impulse as illogical.. in fact, my mate is a large, bald guy. :D

(Disclaimer: Honestly no offence meant to any large, bald men here on AC or, even, anywhere in the world ;))
is this your partner or friend? mate is also an animal kingdom word for partner thus goes to furries aswell :p

Well said, Spiller!

The only thing I would add is: money is a tool, sex is a want, POWER is the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom