• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

lets try this discussion again shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, Spiller!

The only thing I would add is: money is a tool, sex is a want, POWER is the goal.
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Tony Montana.

1374511988_frabzcarryonitsjustnicholascagewatchingyou8f753f.jpg
kchapman1988 Dude, seriously that avatar is just not a good choice. It freaks me out, Bleerggh
lmao i saw it on the net and it just stuck with me :) i know what you mean thou

Last edited:
It is likely that the story in a hating person's head involves one or more of these irrational ideas (Albert Ellis):
  • It is a dire necessity for adult humans to be loved or approved by virtually every significant other person in their community.
  • One absolutely must be competent, adequate and achieving in all important respects or else one is an inadequate, worthless person.
  • People absolutely must act considerately and fairly and they are damnable villains if they do not. They are their bad acts.
  • It is awful and terrible when things are not the way one would very much like them to be.
  • Emotional disturbance is mainly externally caused and people have little or no ability to increase or decrease their dysfunctional feelings and behaviors.
  • If something is or may be dangerous or fearsome, then one should be constantly and excessively concerned about it and should keep dwelling on the possibility of it occurring.
  • One cannot and must not face life's responsibilities and difficulties and it is easier to avoid them.
  • One must be quite dependent on others and need them and you cannot mainly run one's own life.
  • One's past history is an all-important determiner of one's present behavior and because something once strongly affected one's life, it should indefinitely have a similar effect.
  • Other people's disturbances are horrible and one must feel upset about them.
  • There is invariably a right, precise and perfect solution to human problems and it is awful if this perfect solution is not found.

Tree, that was all that could be said on the matter. You have that one boxed, locked and put away. Wow!

kchapman1988 Dude, seriously that avatar is just not a good choice. It freaks me out, Bleerggh

Qwerty, I think that it is high art, it is evocative and very powerful. I do appreciate an independent thinkers mind. Average is such a crashing bore.
Which reminds me very little of this tale.
In a dimension not far removed from here my new high school opened. Lascaux High School and its teams the " cave bears",were all new
Oh come on, I need some license here!
The school wanted the students to select the school colors. I am telling you this was heavily debated and hotly contested. The votes came in and counted brown and yellow was the winner over grey and black. Apparently no one supported my ultra violet and safety orange nomination. Probably a good move.

Last edited:
Yes, women are human beings but, historically, we have been objectified, treated as property and/or the weaker, lesser gender more often than have men.

Even today, women who are prominent, public figures are expected to have a certain look, a feminine look. They have to act feminine, sound feminine or be labled as a member of one of the often hated groups you mentioned in your opening post.

There is also the fact that not everyone agrees that LGBT people are born that way, I know they are but many of my neighbors think it is a choice, and one that the Bible specifically speaks against so, it is right to hate that choice. Unfortunately most humans cannot spearte the person form the action and so hate the person that performs the action they hate.

can i just clear something up? women ARE in fact human yes? not objects or subhuman?

Can I "just" clear something up?

When I compare the next statement you make to your signature's line, the part in red, I start to wonder what the point of restarting the thread was. If you have a problem with women, or with any group, I would suggest stating it in the "I" form, as in "I struggle with..." etc. That at least assigns responsibility.

"let's start this again shall we" rings a bit combative, as if the previous thread's failure was the fault of the respondents.

Blowing up a bug-eyed avatar after someone remarks that it creeps them out seems like a signal for "I don't wanna know." Or possibly, "I'm going to get in your face." Either road, it's "I don't care if it makes YOU uncomfortable."

Using the third person seems a bit disingenuous.

I am genuinely unclear on what you're trying to accomplish. What discussion are you trying to have?

Can I "just" clear something up?

When I compare the next statement you make to your signature's line, the part in red, I start to wonder what the point of restarting the thread was. If you have a problem with women, or with any group, I would suggest stating it in the "I" form, as in "I struggle with..." etc. That at least assigns responsibility.

"let's start this again shall we" rings a bit combative, as if the previous thread's failure was the fault of the respondents.

Blowing up a bug-eyed avatar after someone remarks that it creeps them out seems like a signal for "I don't wanna know." Or possibly, "I'm going to get in your face." Either road, it's "I don't care if it makes YOU uncomfortable."

Using the third person seems a bit disingenuous.

I am genuinely unclear on what you're trying to accomplish. What discussion are you trying to have?
the signature line is a joke from dylan moran i happened to like. i called this thread "lets start this again shall we" more to myself than anyone else as i've heard people say to themselves when the first time they try something it fails "lets try this again shall we" not having a go at anyone. posting the avatar was meant to show the writing rather than just his face again this is NOT a comment or "i don't care if it does or not" you are the one being antagonistic in this case. as for the question of if omen are human it was a posted as a question because apparently this is the way a lot of women are treated and i'm trying to mock that attitude. its ridiculous.

As both the moderator who closed the initial thread and the one who gave the OK for a second go-around, I'd like to remind everybody to please keep this civil and respectful. I think all posts here are well-intentioned, but please, be very careful in your tone and choice of words. Thanks.

As both the moderator who closed the initial thread and the one who gave the OK for a second go-around, I'd like to remind everybody to please keep this civil and respectful. I think all posts here are well-intentioned, but please, be very careful in your tone and choice of words. Thanks.
has anything i've said been likely to close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom