• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kids of the 1980s Game

There is one thing I remember from back in the 80's and that was, why did people leave the protective plastic cover on their lamp shades. It wasn't until the 90's that people stop doing that. I get it that people were trying to keep their shades from getting dirty. but I always thought that the plastic look uglier then a slightly soiled shade.
My grandmother (mom’s mother) still had plastic on her lamps until she passed away a few years ago. I think my parents even had them for a while, somewhat recently. But on lamps they didn’t use.
I always worried that the plastic would burn or catch on fire, but it was definitely an eyesore too.

My grandmother (mom’s mother) still had plastic on her lamps until she passed away a few years ago. I think my parents even had them for a while, somewhat recently. But on lamps they didn’t use.
I always worried that the plastic would burn or catch on fire, but it was definitely an eyesore too.
You know what's funny? In my house growing up, we didn't remove the plastic from the lampshades because my mom saw lamps like that so often, that she thought the shade would be damaged if you took off the plastic.

So when I first moved out, I kept the plastic on my lampshades until someone insisted I remove it, because it's just the packaging it came in. It was so painful to take the plastic off. I thought I was breaking it.

You know what's funny? In my house growing up, we didn't remove the plastic from the lampshades because my mom saw lamps like that so often, that she thought the shade would be damaged if you took off the plastic.

So when I first moved out, I kept the plastic on my lampshades until someone insisted I remove it, because it's just the packaging it came in. It was so painful to take the plastic off. I thought I was breaking it.
Oh no!! I hope it didn’t break!
I guess it makes sense that it’s the packaging it came in. Here I was thinking that some people just put the plastic on! Lol

Peg Bundy in most episodes: Oh Al! We never have sex anymore! I want you to give it to me now! *Al pushes Peg off of him*

Peg during Labor Day episode: Oh no! It’s Labor Day and Al wants to do nothing but have sex! *Peg actively avoids Al*

New Threads

Top Bottom