• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kids of the 1980s Game

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Remember your childhood, how everything in your house was orange and brown? And if it wasn't orange and brown, then it was pea green?

This is your childhood living room.

Reply with what is missing from this photograph.

Is it tobacco smoke, a giant TV, plastic on the furniture, or maybe Grandpa asking who hid the dang clicker?

The only rule is that you make your reply as funny and nostalgic as possible.

245371851_10159027752066339_5341730986879651541_n.jpg

A 100 pound, wood paneled television set with clicky dials. One for UHF and one for VHF. But only three channels came in.

Remember your childhood, how everything in your house was orange and brown? And if it wasn't orange and brown, then it was pea green?

This is your childhood living room.

Reply with what is missing from this photograph.

Is it tobacco smoke, a giant TV, plastic on the furniture, or maybe Grandpa asking who hid the dang clicker?

The only rule is that you make your reply as funny and nostalgic as possible.

245371851_10159027752066339_5341730986879651541_n.jpg
Forgive my bluntness but the patterns are an eyesore lol :D

We've had a large brown and ugly couch in our living room with geometrical 90s' patterns until my rabbits ate through it. I'm glad they did.

I think the Orange, Brown and Pea Green color pallet was from the 70's. the color pallet of the 80's was more White and Dark Brown.

Berzerk (1982) (Atari).png

Unfortunately that also came with this:

71f+-g2-WoL._AC_SX500_SY500_.jpg

I have brought back both nostalgia and memory of frustration.

My work here is done.

The reithies were the best years of my life, meet my wife, starting my career. the real interesting years were the sixties.

An ugly oil painting reproduction on the wall of a still-life or nature scene in a gold painted frame where the paint is heavily applied in a raised-relief sort of way.

Readers Digest and Better Homes and Gardens magazines from two years ago are in a basket next to the coffee table.

There's a napping relative in the recliner, covered with the afghan that's normally on the back of the couch.

Geraldo is on, and I'm sitting on the floor, drinking a Capri Sun, begging to watch He Man instead.

View attachment 71544

Unfortunately that also came with this:

View attachment 71545

I have brought back both nostalgia and memory of frustration.

My work here is done.
Dude, I could hook up the game in three seconds. Who needs a screwdriver when you have a butter knife to screw it in? Modern kids will never know how butter knives and television sets go together.

That connector makes so much more sense to me than the annoying modern-ish red white and yellow cords. Is this one yellow, or is it white? Does it go in this yellow port, or one of the other three?

Who decided white walls with white kitchen cabinets and grey plank floors that look like they
washed up on the beach after the hurricane were "Kewl?"

What's missing from the picture? A Uniden cordless phone. The one with the antennae on it.

The 80's was the best.

TV Trays with little western scenes on them. We have visitors tonight, so instead of the usual paper plates, Mom busted out the fine Chinet.

A tan rotary phone mounted to the wall that has a 20 foot coily cord, so you can walk across the house and still talk on the phone.

School portraits on the wall where there's a bigger photo of the person, and then a smaller image in the corner. I don't know what the effect is called, but it was very 80s.

Basically like the photos in the background of this pic
iu

There is one thing I remember from back in the 80's and that was, why did people leave the protective plastic cover on their lamp shades. It wasn't until the 90's that people stop doing that. I get it that people were trying to keep their shades from getting dirty. but I always thought that the plastic look uglier then a slightly soiled shade.
017_thumb.jpg
plastic-covering-on-lamp.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom