• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

keep thinking about my ex

Thankyou for you respnse do you have aspergers
Yes, I have Aspergers too. For me, when breaking up with people, circumstances were wildly different every time. Some days I still miss my first love who broke up with me when I was 17. He still tugs on my heartstrings and whenever I’m reminded of him I get nostalgic and fantasize about what our lives would be like if we were together right now. We rarely communicate but I’d lie if I said I didn’t think about him sometimes. I know I hold a special place in his heart too and we have a very strong connection, even though we dated for only two months 15 years ago. He’s tried to hook up with me when I just started seeing my current boyfriend and I turned him down at that time, but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had been single at that time.

When I broke up with my boyfriend at 21 after two years I had felt for some time that we were going nowhere. He was upset when I left him but I just didn’t feel it. I often forget he was ever in my life at all, even though we were together for 2 years. We broke up and the next day it was life as usual.

When I broke up with my boyfriend who I’d been with for five years at age 26, I couldn’t wait to start sleeping around and make up for lost time, so to speak. I missed the companionship and I missed having someone to talk to when I came home, but I loved the freedom I suddenly had. Mentally I had been done with this relationship for a long time, I just didn’t have the courage to end it. Plus, I dreaded dividing up our possessions and our cats. When I did end it I had disengaged emotionally for months, so I didn’t have to get over it, I already was. He had a lot of trouble getting over me and that ended up with some scary stalking, but that’s another story.

Now, if my current boyfriend and me were to break up, I would be devastated and directionless. We’ve been together for over 6 years and we are incredibly close. He’s my best friend hands down and although he has his flaws I’m his number one fan and I would fight for him. I’m not going to be cliche and say he completes me, because that’s not true. I’m complete by myself, but we just go very well together. Just thinking about breaking up or losing him makes me anxious. I’d probably become a full time cat lady if we’d break up because I can’t imagine ever finding someone I’d be so comfortable being myself with while having fun every day.

Hi you seem really normal the way you talk, my ex was really difficult to talk to and l didnt understand some of what he said.

You sound really happy now good for you, l am going through the thoughts you had with your first ex, l have been torturing myself because l didnt want it to end. But it seems he wasnt happy so thats fair enough.

Thankyou for sending me the message because l know now out there somewhere is someone else like your current boyfreind. lm not there yet to date anyone yet but l will and l will be very careful with the next one.

Hi
l was in a relationship with a guy who has aspergers l wandered does anyone know if they miss you after they break up with you. l know hes seeking sex from other woman because he told me, so l guess that means he doesnt miss me. l didnt want the split l wanted to work through our problems. l had trouble understanding why he would say odd things and do odd things which were hurtful to me. The sad thing is at the time l didnt say l was sad that he did that and l struggled to turn it around so we could still be good together and still love each other. Does anyone understand this, im not very good at explaining myself. Thankyou

You are not alone. I am a male neurotypical and I am in the exact same situation you describe. So I feel you. The guy I dated has Aspergers and it was so romantic the one day and the next I was totally forgotten. I just read your question and I am lurking here to get an answer as well ^^

I just wanted to say: you are not alone with your struggle. So yeah, lives go on and you should think more about yourself and get over him. Just as I should ^^

PS! Another Aspergers I just talked to like five minutes wrote me two weeks later and asked how I was. Without having any clue on how it feels to have Asperger, I think some do really care about other people and some just don't. Just as it is with us neurotypicals. But yeah, that is my guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom