• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Karate Kid Movies

Aspergers_Aspie

In the movie 'The Next Karate Kid', in response to Julie trying to kill a cockroach with her shoe, Mr. Miyagi says he has respect for every living creature, but in an earlier karate kid movie, he tries to catch a fly in chopsticks.‎

Perhaps in the earlier movie Mr. M's intent was to catch the fly and move it to a different area? (After showing off that he can catch a fly in chopsticks). I don't know. It's been a while since I saw this movie.

That's amazing.

But if I were to pretend it wasn't just a continuity error, I would explain that everybody has respect for "all" life to a different degree. Some only humans, some humans and dogs, some humans, dogs, and cats, some all but fish, and so on. Perhaps the miniscule size of the fly earned it a spot on Mr. Myagi's "doesn't count" list.

In The Vanishing 1993 movie, a fly is dropped into a petri dish, I think the dish contained a chemical or something like frozen oxygen. A fly may not be as big as a dog for example, but cruelty to a dog wouldn't be allowed in a movie, a fly is a living being.

In the movie 'The Next Karate Kid', in response to Julie trying to kill a cockroach with her shoe, Mr. Miyagi says he has respect for every living creature, but in an earlier karate kid movie, he tries to catch a fly in chopsticks.‎

It's just bad writing. Ralph Macchio isn't in it, so it's not even canon.

None of the other movies in the franchise, after Karate Kid 2, were any good, in my opinion.

New Threads

Top Bottom