• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just Joined a CS:GO/Steam Clan

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I just joined a Steam clan that's based around Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. In the tradition of joining a clan on Steam, I put the clan's name (CAP) before my username, TheGamerJax. I now show up as CAP || TheGamerJax in all games.

I did so to practice social skills, plus I want to get better at CS. I'm the least experienced player in the group. So far, I only have 21 hours on record, when the rest have way more than that. My casual rank is Corporal rank 5 (AKA just level 5), while the rest are way beyond that. I wonder if they can give me some tips and maybe practice with me. I also have no competitive rank, so that'd be helpful.

I shouldn't be stressed, the clan is rather small, with 8 people (including myself) in it, but who knows?

CS is one of those games that's always looked impenetrable to me.

Granted, part of this is the fact that I cant aim worth a crap and would be likely to only hit things that arent the enemy. And the other part is an utter lack of anything resembling patience. If a game doesnt allow for a total berserker strategy, usually involving some sort of gigantic axe and/or hammer, I probably wont fare well.

So hey, however well you do, you'll at least be doing a heck of alot better than I would.

I will say though, the key to competitive gaming is to go into it with confidence. The moment you think you cant win is the moment you've already lost. And when you do lose/fail, learn from it, get back up, and keep going.

CS is one of those games that's always looked impenetrable to me.

Granted, part of this is the fact that I cant aim worth a crap and would be likely to only hit things that arent the enemy. And the other part is an utter lack of anything resembling patience. If a game doesnt allow for a total berserker strategy, usually involving some sort of gigantic axe and/or hammer, I probably wont fare well.

So hey, however well you do, you'll at least be doing a heck of alot better than I would.

I will say though, the key to competitive gaming is to go into it with confidence. The moment you think you cant win is the moment you've already lost. And when you do lose/fail, learn from it, get back up, and keep going.
The tricky thing is learning the gun's recoil patterns, especially the AK-47's recoil pattern, and then start moving the mouse down/side to side in order to compensate.

I figured a way to be more accurate when shooting while moving is to hold shift, which will allow me to walk. It's way more accurate shooting while walking than shooting while running. The only weapons that aren't terribly inaccurate while you are shooting while moving are the pistols. Running is default in CS:GO, by the way.

New Threads

Top Bottom