• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got fired today

As the subject line reads, I was just fired from my second job today. It's days like this that I am grateful for the education I got from the punk, heavy metal, and indie scene. The scene helps you to deal with people who think you just don't fit in. You learn to give people who don't like you because you're different the double middle finger. My boss said I just wasn't fitting in. I laughed and said, "Bye!"

The second job didn't pay worth a damn anyhow. Another weekly charter opened up on Saturday mornings from 6:45am to 11:45am and my boss at the bus company said I could have it if I want. I just take seniors to the train station in a van. Brilliant!

If they'd done that to me, I would've sued the pants off them for unfair dismissal under the Equality Act 2010.

Like when I got fired from Boots in Meadowhall in 1997 after having been there a month, because they said I was taking unauthorised breaks, and actually swore on the shop floor when I stabbed myself (accidentally) with the sharp security tags they had me putting on Baby clothes.

If they'd done that to me, I would've sued the pants off them for unfair dismissal under the Equality Act 2010.

Like when I got fired from Boots in Meadowhall in 1997 after having been there a month, because they said I was taking unauthorised breaks, and actually swore on the shop floor when I stabbed myself (accidentally) with the sharp security tags they had me putting on Baby clothes.
Sometimes it's best to choose your battles. This one was not worth fighting as it only paid 8.43 per hour while waiting and 0.23 cents per mile while driving. The work rules were absolutely spartan. The way I see it, they did me a favor.

Hope things work out for you you seem like a nice guy. Maybe for regular people, environment doesn't matter as far as work, but at least for me, the actual work environment is so crucial to me feeling comfortable in a work setting.. . .

Environment does matter. Can't expect to like it 100%, because things are going to come up wherever you are. Can't expect to hate every minute of it either.

You can love what you actually do and dislike the company you work for. Environment and occupation are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I've been fired from several jobs and one company actually took me to a mental hospital for treatment they thought I needed. In all cases I actually felt relieved to be away from the jobs and hoped for better at the next. It was never quite what I hoped. Only after discovering Asperger's/HFA did I understand what was the problem - me. Had I known of Asperger's/HFA earlier in my life I could have avoided a lifetime of emotional pain.

As the subject line reads, I was just fired from my second job today. It's days like this that I am grateful for the education I got from the punk, heavy metal, and indie scene. The scene helps you to deal with people who think you just don't fit in. You learn to give people who don't like you because you're different the double middle finger. My boss said I just wasn't fitting in. I laughed and said, "Bye!"

The second job didn't pay worth a damn anyhow. Another weekly charter opened up on Saturday mornings from 6:45am to 11:45am and my boss at the bus company said I could have it if I want. I just take seniors to the train station in a van. Brilliant!

Almost 40 years ago, punk rock saved my life. My heart is still there, but when I go to shows, I am often mistaken for someone's pissed off mom. Carry on.

I sometimes get in trouble because l don't bother trying to fit in at all. l am a teamplayer, l just don't think or talk like the people in most of my jobs. l got harassed in my cashier job because guys where pissed l don't date. I am a older lady, that crap ended in my twenties. But my new job, l work hard and l like most of the employees and my boss backs up his employees. l have never had that happen, most are willing to throw you under the bus for new meat.

New Threads

Top Bottom