• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got fired today

I figured someone would know EF... I started eating meat again after 20 yrs cause of the quality of their meat . The chain is like am underdog chain. It attracts cool eccentric friendly people. I feel at ease there. I don't leave house much otherwise.
I tend to thrive in environments that are similar. Driving jobs attract folks that are a bit eccentric as well. The range of behaviour tolerance is a lot greater in these environments. It is so much easier to thrive in a somewhat non-conformist environment.

I tend to thrive in environments that are similar. Driving jobs attract folks that are a bit eccentric as well. The range of behaviour tolerance is a lot greater in these environments. It is so much easier to thrive in a somewhat non-conformist environment.
Ever hear of 'melt bar n grilled' ? They were on diners , drive ins & dives. I worked at the commissary food prep only... No customers. That's where the elite eccentrics are!!! I learned and laughed all day!!! It was an awesome experience !

Maybe, on a subconscious level, i got my sleeve tattoos so people would stop trying to put me at the front of the house.

As the subject line reads, I was just fired from my second job today. It's days like this that I am grateful for the education I got from the punk, heavy metal, and indie scene. The scene helps you to deal with people who think you just don't fit in. You learn to give people who don't like you because you're different the double middle finger. My boss said I just wasn't fitting in. I laughed and said, "Bye!"

The second job didn't pay worth a damn anyhow. Another weekly charter opened up on Saturday mornings from 6:45am to 11:45am and my boss at the bus company said I could have it if I want. I just take seniors to the train station in a van. Brilliant!
I love how positive you are about the whole situation!
A new opportunity just came your way and I am sure they'll keep coming for you :)

Money is something, but not everything. You need to try to put yourself in situations where you can survive. Other than that, go for your dreams as much as possible.

As the subject line reads, I was just fired from my second job today. It's days like this that I am grateful for the education I got from the punk, heavy metal, and indie scene. The scene helps you to deal with people who think you just don't fit in. You learn to give people who don't like you because you're different the double middle finger. My boss said I just wasn't fitting in. I laughed and said, "Bye!"

The second job didn't pay worth a damn anyhow. Another weekly charter opened up on Saturday mornings from 6:45am to 11:45am and my boss at the bus company said I could have it if I want. I just take seniors to the train station in a van. Brilliant!

Sounds like you have a good boss, and the new second job is good for you.

I love your attitude about this! Reminds me of my yearly job reviews back before I knew about aspergers. I tried so hard to fit in back then. I'm self employed now and really really happy. Too young for the punk movement but I've taken a lot away from that music in the past few years.

Hope the senior gig pulls through for you!

Maybe, on a subconscious level, i got my sleeve tattoos so people would stop trying to put me at the front of the house.
Oohh... I have a chest piece for basically this reason lol. No full sleeves yet but I do have a mermaid on my forearm. Someday I'll finish up the sleeve.

I know how it feels... It was a long time ago, but pretty much the same thing happened to me... My supervisor called me into her office, and told me " You don't fit in here, and you make other people uncomfortable, and I think you should look for another job. " And, so like that, I was driven away - like a leper. Funny thing, though... I was actually good at the job, and never missed work, but I didn't fit in the little click there, so I was out on my ass, faster than you could say "scram". :-<

No need but thanks. It's a sign of better things ahead. Again, the whole affair resulted in the heartiest belly laugh that I've had in years. [emoji4]
In the not-too-distant future we may be the ones telling people like your boss "sorry you just don't fit in here" Of course, we would never do that. Genuine Aspies accept the fact that Normals just don't have the capacity to see the world as we see it. We may be awkward in our social interactions but our hearts are in the right place.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Who knows, you may be able to help someone on your other (or regular) route, and be someone's angel on that day. Keep smiling!

I know how it feels... It was a long time ago, but pretty much the same thing happened to me... My supervisor called me into her office, and told me " You don't fit in here, and you make other people uncomfortable, and I think you should look for another job. " And, so like that, I was driven away - like a leper. Funny thing, though... I was actually good at the job, and never missed work, but I didn't fit in the little click there, so I was out on my ass, faster than you could say "scram". :-<
It kinda seems like life pulls the rug out bout once a decade just to keep us on our toes :eek:

Hope things work out for you you seem like a nice guy. Maybe for regular people, environment doesn't matter as far as work, but at least for me, the actual work environment is so crucial to me feeling comfortable in a work setting. Being an openly gay man, is challenging regardless, and add being a NT to that, can be challenging for me at times. I just don't feel I fit in in certain workplaces or jobs, and have always been somewhat drawn to eccentric or unconventional places too because of the people there who tend to be a bit more accepting and tolerant.

As far as work, I think people have to follow what they like, but also feel it out, try and make sure the work environment is tolerable, in addition to the job itself. I am such an intuitive and absorbant person I tend to just soak everything in, and so for me finding a job has been somewhat challenging because I not only have to find work that is doable, but in environments that are tolerable so I feel I can handle things. I've never worked full time before, so about to start an uncharted journey. It's very true, money isn't everything, but you also have to be tenacious and find a job that might not be ideal, but also has characteristics and an environment that is tolerable enough for you to stick it out and earn those paychecks while getting experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom