• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just feel like playing

Skylark

Littl'un is in school, hubby's at work, house to myself with plenty if things I ought to be doing but I just feel like playing today.

Minecraft has sucked me in. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself (still experiencing the post-diagnosis shockwave even though I saw it coming).

So s*d it. I'm playing Minecraft all day. It's hard being an adult and I want a day off (well, most of a day anyway).

Do you feel the same?

Sometimes adulting can be exhausting and you just need to go to the thrift store and try on all the Halloween costumes.

Sometimes you just need a break from being a grownup. Everyone does! Adulting is hard enough, then throw autism into the mix! It's exhausting! So go and play minecraft and have a break! You deserve it!

I did. For...um...quite a while. I'm about to go back on it while I wait for hubby to get home.

These strong tendencies to focus on a few specific things at a time (and being quite unable to multitask) are some of what makes me feel different.
'Adulting' - hehe, good word. Yeah, I'll just swap the two digits of my age around. Today I am 14 again ;)

There's no such thing as multitasking. I am pretty sure of that. Yes, being an adult is hard. I have just hit the adult part of my life and I am not really enjoying it too much. It seems like a lot of work. I really need to hang out with Aspies more who understand this.

Being an adult is certainly tiring. I would rather like to have a week off from work and stuff so I could get some of my strength back.

New Threads

Top Bottom