• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just been diagnosed, trying to understand it all

88kecky

Hello I'm a late 20s female that's just been diagnosed with in the past two weeks with Asperger syndrome. I've always felt different all my life from peers and friends. I keep researching about Asperger's and the autistic spectrum and finding it hard to take it all in and it's rather confusing if not a little bit overwhelming. I have a daughter who's 9 years old. I told her that my brain isn't wired up properly but she's cool with it. She knows how I can be a little bit difficult and don't like a lot of affection. She does give me a lot of space if I require it. I found out on a Tuesday my diagnosis and the following Friday I had a complete meltdown my brain was just so overloaded and it was awful like I felt like a bottle of Coca-Cola has just exploded and that bottle of Coca-Cola was my life no I could just didn't understand how to cope or what to do with this Asperger syndrome obviously not what to do with it because obviously I've got to live with it but I just don't know what to do now. I also live in the UK.

Welcome to AF.jpg

I just saw a posting that stated getting a late diagnosis is Like:
" Getting your whole life shaken up in a snow globe and it takes a long time for each piece to fall into its correct spot." I became aware of why I had been a little odd my whole life at age 62. I know that life, for you now is a bit of a mess, but I promiss it will get better. This forum is a great place. We all help each other find our ways.

I found out on a Tuesday my diagnosis and the following Friday I had a complete meltdown my brain was just so overloaded and it was awful like I felt like a bottle of Coca-Cola has just exploded and that bottle of Coca-Cola was my life no I could just didn't understand how to cope or what to do with this Asperger syndrome obviously not what to do with it because obviously I've got to live with it but I just don't know what to do now. I also live in the UK.

You just learn to keep going with your life. And know that you are different- but not deficient. Knowing that to be self-aware is better than going through life not really understanding who and what you are.

Think of this as a beginning. Not an ending. Welcome to AF. ;)

Welcome - I am quite new here too and everyone has been lovely. I am sure we will all try and help if we can.

Him you'll find information on how to cope with all the overwhelming fun stuff here, we're not entirely terrifying. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom