• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jazz

There was this guy named John Larkin. He is far more well-known for a novelty hit called Scatman, but about ten years before that, he put out a self-produced jazz record. This is one of the cuts from it.

There was this guy named John Larkin. He is far more well-known for a novelty hit called Scatman, but about ten years before that, he put out a self-produced jazz record. This is one of the cuts from it.

Love the misfits. Wish the rest of the album had similar dramatic energy. Last verse at 4:58 is iconic.

The shorter visualization is incredible but I do like the full versions. There is a non-big band one as well that's a full 18 minutes. Just a great piece in all its forms.

Found this today, don't know if it will embed. I miss being near the sea.
Hi, Knower of nothing. Thanks for your excellent contributions, here. I appreciate being introduced to music/ artists that I had not been aware of. It appears you have a particular liking for experimental type Jazz. Anyway, just wanted to acknowledge and thank you.

edit: I want to thank everyone who has shared music or input, here. I have enjoyed it all, immensely, and it's been nice to experience what others are into.

Last edited:
Hi, Knower of nothing. Thanks for your excellent contributions, here. I appreciate being introduced to music/ artists that I had not been aware of. It appears you have a particular liking for experimental type Jazz. Anyway, just wanted to acknowledge and thank you.
I like anything that touches me in funny places haha, goes from sappy elevator music to noise walls. I'm happy someone enjoys some of these. Your own contributions have been pretty sexy as well. Here's one of my wind-down tracks; fitting for the wistful 1 am's and beyond. Thanks for the thread.

I don't listen to a ton of Jazz, but I like Bill Evans, Mingus and my favorite Miles Davis album is Bitches Brew.

I’m a devotee of Bill Evans. Favorite Miles Davis album? Kind of Blue. I’ve not moved much past 50s-60s in jazz. Gene Harris. Erroll Garner. Earl Hines.

I made a stab at playing jazz piano, but did not get very far.

I like jazz, but I tend not to look for music, and since I'm younger than some people here, it means that I'm not into the jazz scene so to speak. However, I really recommend the Cuphead soundtrack. It is a video game, but its soundtrack is all original high quality jazz recorded by jazz musicians. It is pretty varied, but leans more on big band energetic tracks so as to help the players focus. They can't get tired of them. It also has a strong 30's Fleischer cartoon aesthetic (it looks absolutely breathtaking).

Here is the full soundtrack (which I have listened to at least 10 times):

Here is the most popular song from it, which sounds pretty swingy:

Here is my favourite track which incorporates actual tap dancing as a solo:

The game recently had an addition, including new songs. I haven't listened to them yet, but they should be comparable to the original:

I like jazz, but I tend not to look for music, and since I'm younger than some people here, it means that I'm not into the jazz scene so to speak. However, I really recommend the Cuphead soundtrack. It is a video game, but its soundtrack is all original high quality jazz recorded by jazz musicians. It is pretty varied, but leans more on big band energetic tracks so as to help the players focus. They can't get tired of them. It also has a strong 30's Fleischer cartoon aesthetic (it looks absolutely breathtaking).

Here is the full soundtrack (which I have listened to at least 10 times):

Here is the most popular song from it, which sounds pretty swingy:

Here is my favourite track which incorporates actual tap dancing as a solo:

The game recently had an addition, including new songs. I haven't listened to them yet, but they should be comparable to the original:
Those are great! Thank you for sharing.

ba ba ba ba ba ba

the climax to this one is unforgettable, the drumfill hypes me up and the section is ridiculous but a perfect conclusion (6:20)

I'm more into smooth jazz, into artists such as Jazz in Pink, Paul Hardcastle, Brian Hughes, Chieli Minucci, Wayman Tisdale, and others. Kenny G IMO is overrated; I mostly listen just to his holiday stuff.

New Threads

Top Bottom