• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've got even crazier ways to make digital art now

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
Oh yes, this is going to be very different from what I've done prior to this. Best part though is that I can combine pretty much all of the methods I use to make even crazier stuff.

But here's what I've got for today... some of these I also already posted in the art remix thread (and for those of you who use that thread, feel free to try these in it)

SpiralFinal.png

SpiralFinal2.png

grid_0 (2).png

DogGreyscaleJ.jpg

grid_0.png
grid_0 (1).png

There's both AI and heavy processing involved in these, among other aspects.

I've shown AI art stuffs before just for fun, but this is on a whole other level and is a lot harder to work with.

I have a lot to learn... these arent perfect. The dog in particular just would not come out quite right... that's the best I could do with what I understand so far.

grid_0 (3).png

This is a glitchy dog attempt. I seriously could not get this one to work... it's supposed to be a Wheaten Terrier sitting on stairs... neither the dog or the stairs quite worked. But you can see the potential here... I will get this blasted image done eventually.

WOW! Those are seriously amazing! Nice work, and I already liked what I saw of your prior digital art. I might share some of those with a friend of mine who has done some graphic design work if you don't mind (she is also autistic).

WOW! Those are seriously amazing! Nice work, and I already liked what I saw of your prior digital art. I might share some of those with a friend of mine who has done some graphic design work if you don't mind (she is also autistic).

Aye, that's fine by me.

And I'll have more by tomorrow, probably. I was going to do a couple of others after I had some ideas (which will be something wildly different from these... if I can get it to do what I want, I'm still new to this), but the thing collapsed, so... yeah. Cant do anything till it's brought back online, so... yeah, gotta just wait till tomorrow.

So, watch this space for more if interested.

Okay, I was able to pull this off today, just before heading up to bed.

Here's something of a sort I've never done before:

grid_0.png

This took forever and needed about 5 bazillion iterations and changes and aaaagh

This is inspired by the sorta creepy dolls that I seem to have a total obsession over (which I dont mention on the forums here much). So I've been wanting to make something like this for ages.

Not quite perfect... there's more small changes I can make. But still, pretty good.

View attachment 84811

This took forever and needed about 5 bazillion iterations and changes and aaaagh

This is inspired by the sorta creepy dolls that I seem to have a total obsession over (which I dont mention on the forums here much). So I've been wanting to make something like this for ages.

Not quite perfect... there's more small changes I can make. But still, pretty good.
That's beyond Goth!

That doll looks like she is going to start talking, eek. So life like. And the waves are so beautiful in the ocean scene. These are spectacular.

View attachment 84806

This is a glitchy dog attempt. I seriously could not get this one to work... it's supposed to be a Wheaten Terrier sitting on stairs... neither the dog or the stairs quite worked. But you can see the potential here... I will get this blasted image done eventually.
The textures in this one are so good. You can FEEL the wood's luster and the abrasiveness of the stairs, as well as the clumps of hair on the dog. :tongueclosed:

View attachment 84811

Eep! Are you sure she isn't alive?!
Too small of a nose to be Pinocchio's sister. :joycat:

Okay so I've got more, after way, way too much time spent doing this:

VioletGirl.jpg

So1.jpg

So2.jpg

So3.jpg

Owl.jpg

Pipes1.jpg

Pipes2.jpg

library.jpg

Yeesh.

The girl with the violet hair is the big one for right now, that took a couple of hours constant iterations and changes and redos and aaaaaaagh

The other 3 girls are all the same character, going through iterations. Iterations which were then split, and revamped, and.... yeah it took awhile.

Then, there was an owl. I started out thinking "well gee lets make like a golden owl" and then got totally derailed, kept going and eventually.... clockwork owl golem. With arms and legs somehow.... yeah I couldnt get it to not do that part, it really wanted to, so it did.

Then, pipe organs, but with violet lights involved and a more surreal twist. Why? Because it popped into my head, that's why. This wasnt too hard to do.

Last, the bookstore. Uh. There's not much to say about this one, it's an early version of the idea.

What you CANT see here is the 5 bazillion failed/bugged/botched/mutated/distorted iterations and branches that all of these produced. Talk about nightmare fuel. Even I found certain things a tad too disturbing. The violet hair girl in particular, I tried evolving that one further, and it quickly corrupted into horrible awfulness.

Ya know, I'd talked about working with AI stuff before in other topics, and those were fun and all, but this really is on a whole other level. I didnt think this was going to be this hard or this complicated. So much to learn.

The textures in this one are so good. You can FEEL the wood's luster and the abrasiveness of the stairs, as well as the clumps of hair on the dog. :tongueclosed:

Yeah, it's REALLY good at texture when the render is allowed to go all the way, but it is very dependent on parameters. It can be hard to get any aspect to look quite how you want, and sometimes parts will sorta go nuts and do things you really didnt think they would.

Then, there was an owl. I started out thinking "well gee lets make like a golden owl" and then got totally derailed, kept going and eventually.... clockwork owl golem. With arms and legs somehow.... yeah I couldnt get it to not do that part, it really wanted to, so it did.
I may be a bit biased because it’s an owl but that’s really awesome and I wish it was a print to buy because I probably would.... I really like the steam punk feel of it.
Last, the bookstore. Uh. There's not much to say about this one, it's an early version of the idea.
The bookstore looks like an Old time library which adds to it aesthetic.
Then, pipe organs, but with violet lights involved and a more surreal twist. Why? Because it popped into my head, that's why. This wasnt too hard to do.
I really like the purple. Think it works quite nicely. And also had phantom of the opera vibes.

I may be a bit biased because it’s an owl but that’s really awesome and I wish it was a print to buy because I probably would.... I really like the steam punk feel of it.

Well, I have other variants of it if you'd like to see those (lots of them... lots), here's one:

OwlOther.jpg

OwlGroup.jpg

That second one is part of a screenshot from my render archive... these are basically some of the iterations and branches in the creation process. It's hard to explain just how these work... there's a reason why they're grouped into 4s, and each one in a group of 4 can be iterated upon or revamped.

There's PAGES of these things though. I was, for reasons unknown to me, dead set on getting a bloody clockwork owl. But it just. Wouldnt. Work. It was never QUITE right, and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to making stuff.

The owl golem thing I showed earlier was from the "remaster" function, which invites the AI to add its own creativity into the process of iterating... from there you can branch out into new groups, but that one golem version was already good enough.

Also you might notice the bit in the bottom left. I tried for spiders in the same style before the owls. Those didnt even come close to working. It didnt like the spiders.

Also it's funny you mention the steampunk bit... that was part of the specified prompt that began this line of iterations. So, steampunk + clockwork. But the bits that should have been gears and such kept getting kinda... melty. Until that golem thing. Also this was supposed to take place inside of a steampunk repair shop (yes, you can do things with not just the background, but every conceivable object in an image). But THAT just wouldnt happen. I dont know why.

Seriously I was getting really frustrated at it. I might go back to the concept later and try to push it to where it was supposed to go.

The bookstore looks like an Old time library which adds to it aesthetic.

Yeah, that was part of it. In an overall sense, it's meant to be that, plus the Backrooms / liminal space concepts that I'm so very fond of. But this is a very early iteration so its actually nowhere near where I want it to go, not yet. I'll work on that one more later, there's so much to do with it yet.

Well, I have other variants of it if you'd like to see those (lots of them... lots), here's one:

View attachment 84861

View attachment 84862

That second one is part of a screenshot from my render archive... these are basically some of the iterations and branches in the creation process. It's hard to explain just how these work... there's a reason why they're grouped into 4s, and each one in a group of 4 can be iterated upon or revamped.

There's PAGES of these things though. I was, for reasons unknown to me, dead set on getting a bloody clockwork owl. But it just. Wouldnt. Work. It was never QUITE right, and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to making stuff.

The owl golem thing I showed earlier was from the "remaster" function, which invites the AI to add its own creativity into the process of iterating... from there you can branch out into new groups, but that one golem version was already good enough.

Also you might notice the bit in the bottom left. I tried for spiders in the same style before the owls. Those didnt even come close to working. It didnt like the spiders.

Also it's funny you mention the steampunk bit... that was part of the specified prompt that began this line of iterations. So, steampunk + clockwork. But the bits that should have been gears and such kept getting kinda... melty. Until that golem thing. Also this was supposed to take place inside of a steampunk repair shop (yes, you can do things with not just the background, but every conceivable object in an image). But THAT just wouldnt happen. I dont know why.

Seriously I was getting really frustrated at it. I might go back to the concept later and try to push it to where it was supposed to go.

Yeah, that was part of it. In an overall sense, it's meant to be that, plus the Backrooms / liminal space concepts that I'm so very fond of. But this is a very early iteration so its actually nowhere near where I want it to go, not yet. I'll work on that one more later, there's so much to do with it yet.
They’re all fantastic but I understand the perfectionism drive. I do look forward to seeing more of this artwork from you. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom