• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've got even crazier ways to make digital art now

Any suggestions of a digital drawing app for newbies, for Android?

Er... I'm not actually sure.

I'm not too familiar with that type of app at all, and I dont have an Android device.

The main drawing app that I am aware of is Procreate, and there's also Sketchbook. But I dont know if those are on Android at all.

Those all are wonderful digital creations! I'm not the greatest in knowing how to create digital stuff and doing technical things, but I know it must have been pretty hard to do that by my standards, for most of those, and I know cool and alluring looking art when I see it.

First of all, I like how you are not confining yourself to just creating pieces with only certain subjects and style. You have flexibility to change things up with what you create, whether it be portraits, landscapes/seascapes, various indoor environments, objects, animals, and so forth. So, in this regard there seems to be something for everyone. As well, some of your digital creations seem more calming, some seem more realistic, some more surreal, and some darn right scary.

I'm going to tell you quickly what I thought for each of yours:

(1) and (2) The two art fantasy sky ones--Reminded me of Xenoblade Chronicles "Beyond The Sky" (our son sang that song and loved that video game/ending theme song)--See below link for the sky image there. The surreal clouds are different than yours. I loved your spirally/ swirly clouds and those colors you used there better.

(3) ad (4) ..I prefer the second dog pictured. The dogs are cute in both obviously, but I prefer the sketch black and white one. It highlights the dog better I feel, and it creates a unique twist. Maybe I am biased a bit there though, as "Take On Me" by Aha is one of my favorite black and white sketch musical videos, and as I used to tinker around with our last camera using the sketch setting for photos. It makes some photos and art look really interesting I feel.

(5) and (6) I prefer the 2nd of the seascapes slightly more than the first as it is more calming, realistic and photolike to me, more my slight preference,, but the other was more artsy like some famous artists though. I like that almost as much though.

(7) The first thing I thought of when I saw this was a pretty China doll sold in some specialty or novelty shop. Of all the dolls I like this the best. Just my preference. I mean, there was a little dark element to it by the goth look, but she did not seem too unrealistic or scary. The eyes were attractive and the complexion was nice, and the makeup and hair were ok, though I am not picky for appearance too much. I mean for dolls if I were a girl I'd have chosen that.

(8) The purple hair doll would have been my favorite if I was into horror type things. I think this art creation would fit well in such somewhat scary movies, etc., with the gray complexion and purple hair and lips against the gray background, and the long straight hair and different distortions of the eyes. The rough forehead contrasts with the smoother rest of face too, as if part monster like Frankenstein. But, she seems a bit shy and too cute to appear too scary, so I like that contrast.

(9), (10) and (11)...The first of these 3 dolls I imagine as the bride of Chuckie, that horror sequel. Two cute kids living happily ever after, doing mischievous things, while the latter two being the most creepy of all the dolls to me with #10 having like a half mask and half face with scarier eyes and hair, but the last of the dolls having a total mask like face, which can often seem more scary because of the unknown there, but with more comforting other features (hair, clothes.) But, the missing eyes bring out that horror again!

(12) The gold owl clock was nice, with a unique twist adding the arms and legs. Most would find that bizarre and a nice change. I often associate time/experience with wisdom, so I think an owl clock with some human features mentioned fits!

(13) and (14)...The pipe organ art creations! I definitely liked the 2nd version better. It seems sharper and stands out more with the lighting and background contrasts, with less dreary, eerie effects, and because of more light displays there, with less closeup image.

(15) The bookstore digital creation reminds me of an old library in western NY that I attended long ago. It was so old they tore it down and built a new one. It smelled like mold whenever I went in it. I held my breath as long as I could for most of those visits. And yet, that type of quiet and desolate setting gave me much peace, too.. Haunted and old isolated places never scared me. They relax me, really. But, I'd not want to stay long because of any health hazards there.

(16) and (17) The other owl gold clocks. Nicely done!

So, there are my views on your creations. Loved them all for the reasons mentioned. I could image something unique about all, or it took me places in my life, and that is what art should be all about I feel. Great job!

Last edited:
(6) The purple hair doll would have been my favorite if I was into horror type things. I think this art creation would fit well in such somewhat scary movies, etc., with the gray complexion and purple hair and lips against the gray background, and the long straight hair and different distortions of the eyes. The rough forehead contrasts with the smoother rest of face too, as if part monster like Frankenstein. But, she seems a bit shy and too cute to appear too scary, so I like that contrast.

Aye, that's pretty much fitting for how it's meant to be. Though the forehead isnt quite meant to be like that... that's an artifact of the iteration process. I was going to take one of my processing apps and smooth that out a bit but by the time I'd gotten this specific image I really needed a break, so I figured, that's good enough for now.

This may sound odd, but that one is kinda special for me... as art or the making of stuff goes, that one is probably the purest bit of self expression I've ever done. The others were just... creations. But this one has that personal connection. It's why I spent so much time on it.

Hard to explain exactly what I mean, but I'll put it this way: I named her Sophie. I'm betting you understand just from that.

As for the horror elements on many of these, haha, yeah, that's a major running theme with me throughout all of my special interests and hobbies (even a couple of my fractals went there too). I'm so glad that's showing through in these as it is.

Gotta say though, if you thought those were creepy or scary, you shoulda seen the iterations that were the process of getting to any of the doll images. There's pages of them. Even I think they're utterly horrifying. I thought of showing a couple of those "error" dolls here, or the ones that I classify as "dead end" images (there are so many of those), but they seriously could give someone nightmares, they're just that messed up.

Anyway, thanks so much for the feedback. I always value your thoughts on, well, whatever it is I'm doing.

Aye, that's pretty much fitting for how it's meant to be. Though the forehead isnt quite meant to be like that... that's an artifact of the iteration process. I was going to take one of my processing apps and smooth that out a bit but by the time I'd gotten this specific image I really needed a break, so I figured, that's good enough for now.

This may sound odd, but that one is kinda special for me... as art or the making of stuff goes, that one is probably the purest bit of self expression I've ever done. The others were just... creations. But this one has that personal connection. It's why I spent so much time on it.

Hard to explain exactly what I mean, but I'll put it this way: I named her Sophie. I'm betting you understand just from that.

As for the horror elements on many of these, haha, yeah, that's a major running theme with me throughout all of my special interests and hobbies (even a couple of my fractals went there too). I'm so glad that's showing through in these as it is.

Gotta say though, if you thought those were creepy or scary, you shoulda seen the iterations that were the process of getting to any of the doll images. There's pages of them. Even I think they're utterly horrifying. I thought of showing a couple of those "error" dolls here, or the ones that I classify as "dead end" images (there are so many of those), but they seriously could give someone nightmares, they're just that messed up.

Anyway, thanks so much for the feedback. I always value your thoughts on, well, whatever it is I'm doing.

Thanks Sophie. Yes, I can see you like that best, and I loved those expressions on her, too. Now, if it wasn't for that forehead, I think that could have been tied as my favorite, as the blue ryes stuck out in the other one. I couldn't tell either way if the forehead was a horror intention or a mistake. Now I know...Never worry about sending me even scarier images, as I do not have such nightmares. Even the graphic music visuals video you sent me that I was interested in did not cause any sensory issues for me.. I'll address that to you after the longer weekend.

Thanks Sophie. Yes, I can see you like that best, and I loved those expressions on her, too. Now, if it wasn't for that forehead, I think that could have been tied as my favorite, as the blue ryes stuck out in the other one. I couldn't tell either way if the forehead was a horror intention or a mistake. Now I know...Never worry about sending me even scarier images, as I do not have such nightmares. Even the graphic music visuals video you sent me that I was interested in did not cause any sensory issues for me.. I'll address that to you after the longer weekend.

Yeah, the forehead was honestly kinda frustrating to me, though not TOO much.

On a side note, something strange happened with this one though it took me a bit to realize it. I've mentioned character obsessions before, yeah? I get those seemingly at random for reasons I cant fathom. Well, this time... I've latched onto her. Feels freaking weird to me... it's not a character from some series I like or show I watched or game I played, no, it's a character who currently appears in exactly *one* image, and who is my own creation. Not even once have I had that happen with something I myself made. And yeah, I did say she was special, but... that's not what I originally meant. I didnt think I'd get this attachment with her.

It makes a frustrating element though... with any character obsession, I always want more of them (typical for an autistic obsession). More art of them, more stories, more about what they're like, that sort of thing. But her? There isnt any more. That's all there is... that bothers me quite a bit.

So... yeah, that's a thing that occurred. It's been on my mind all day, cant stop thinking about it.

Maybe that's all the more reason to learn to draw and stuff like that. She's not gonna have more unless I give it to her, it seems, so... that'd be the way to do it. I actually cant get the AI to do more of her, either. Attempting any further images related to her results in major distortions/mutations every time... it's what the AI is designed to do. Tried it already... it got ugly. More nightmare fuel... so yeah, drawing, or even 3D rendering and other techniques.

Also, photoshop. Want to learn that, suddenly. If I'm gonna do these, there WILL be plenty of screwball errors like these, and if I want them fixed, I gotta learn the tool to do it.

Honestly I havent been this fired up to improve at the art stuff in quite awhile.

On a side note, something strange happened with this one though it took me a bit to realize it. I've mentioned character obsessions before, yeah? I get those seemingly at random for reasons I cant fathom. Well, this time... I've latched onto her. Feels freaking weird to me... it's not a character from some series I like or show I watched or game I played, no, it's a character who currently appears in exactly *one* image, and who is my own creation. Not even once have I had that happen with something I myself made. And yeah, I did say she was special, but... that's not what I originally meant. I didnt think I'd get this attachment with her.

It makes a frustrating element though... with any character obsession, I always want more of them (typical for an autistic obsession). More art of them, more stories, more about what they're like, that sort of thing. But her? There isnt any more. That's all there is... that bothers me quite a bit.

So... yeah, that's a thing that occurred. It's been on my mind all day, cant stop thinking about it.

Maybe that's all the more reason to learn to draw and stuff like that. She's not gonna have more unless I give it to her, it seems, so... that'd be the way to do it. I actually cant get the AI to do more of her, either. Attempting any further images related to her results in major distortions/mutations every time... it's what the AI is designed to do. Tried it already... it got ugly. More nightmare fuel... so yeah, drawing, or even 3D rendering and other techniques.

Also, photoshop. Want to learn that, suddenly. If I'm gonna do these, there WILL be plenty of screwball errors like these, and if I want them fixed, I gotta learn the tool to do it.

Honestly I havent been this fired up to improve at the art stuff in quite awhile.
It seems like you've gotten your very own OC (original creation) ;)

Edit: Or maybe character.

I don't think it's too atypical though for those into fictional characters to have a favorite or even an obsession towards them, as you can either strongly relate to how you perceive a certain one, want to be that character in some or most ways and/or as you find them fascinating for some other reasons.

Not being the original creator obviously limits your choices some, but the sky is the limit for personal use in how you develop the character, the medium and processes you use, and like if you ever decide to show physical growth or other changes for the character, in terms of dress, looks or personality, through any minor, intermediate or bigger alterations for expressions, postures, hair, complexion and such, and by showing the character's interests more, besides that which was already done by the creator and you. Changing up the backgrounds, colors and using more shadows too; all of these mentioned things can help create added character interest and longevity.

Changes can either be minimal, occur through progression or step by step, occur suddenly or appear dramatically, however you dream at the moment the character to be. Any character's image can remain more static, to remain truer to the original and to create mystery, or change with the times, have unexpected twists and turns, and still that character can last forever. Rarely does everything an artist tries creatively or desires creatively through impulse, efforts and/or through brainstorming work perfectly to plan. And yet sometimes artists can be pleasantly surprised by their attempts or changes they made.

Sometimes artists may just try different revisions or enhancements and will pick the result they liked the best, or that they felt was right at the time. Other times the artist may have a deep passion to make changes a certain way, that they feel will increase their appreciation or love or passion for the character more. And we can create art during any mood we are in, and that can more naturally change up the character or art more. There is no right or wrong for each creation we make, as we all can view art differently and have different preferences. As the art we may copy aspects of, like for character renditions as example, cannot be sold anyway because of any copyrights there, we might as well change it up to our liking for personal use.

Only deviate from the original as much as you'd like. If you'd like the character to not change much from the original, because of respect to the creator's visions or so as any few you show it to can interpret that in their own ways, take that into account, and that is acceptable. If you are open minded to change, make the changes that you envision could make it more interesting or you'd feel as some improvement. Or, like if you see the character representing you in many or most ways, or want that, for instance, take those into consideration in your drawings or other creations. Digital and technological creations/alterations obviously can go only so far, but humans can added more elements there.

Like, although I know you said in the past for drawings that it's hard often for you to come up with ideas on your own, so you copy often there, like for characters. So, I will try to give you some other ideas, some of which you tried so far and did well there.

-- Changing up the colors on the characters' faces, the color of their hair and of their clothes, and trying illustrations without color too.

--Changing up the clothes style (get ideas by looking at different styles of clothing on gender neutral and female persons, for instance.)

--Changing up hair styles (get ideas by copying different styles you see)

--Changing up the background images or setting to see how much that affects the character

--Changing the lighting, and the use of shadows

--Have the character not always standing, but in varying positions

--Create the character in varying moods

--Show the character doing some interest, to develop the character more

--Have feeling, thought or speech bubbles for any character drawings, to learn more about the personality, desires, needs, abilities, thoughts, feelings and limitations of the character

--Draw the character at a younger age, with a different physical, personality or mental state

--Draw the character as you'd like them to appear in the future, showing their growth or changes there.

--Have the character interact with other characters, in the ways you want to bring out their personality more, and/or to start developing new characters associated with your favorite character

--Have the character role play as different characters

--Read up how to draw caricatures

--Ask or research other sketch artists, illustrators or other artists, and see their opinions of your favorite character and your efforts there, or see if they can draw a quick sample for you of some ideas they had relating to the character. This could expand your mind more too.

--Changing up the medium used

--Changing up the artistic style

I wish I was good at creating characters, people and doing portraits. I'm Ok at painting landscapes and seascapes, but never studied drawing persons enough or had that confidence there to get the details to my liking, because my patience and time would be limited there.

So, I gave a few suggestions I thought of quickly, if you worry you can do only so much for any preferred character as you are running out of ideas. I think the sky is the limit though there. We need not be satisfied with what's out there so far, and we can continue showing our devotions to any character and art creations by learning from our past attempts and coming up with new things.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom