• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's like Ambient Music was made for Aspies.

I enjoy it. In fact I don't like music that is cluttered, it is extremely stressing and irritating. I have to be able to feel the black space between the notes. The music needs to have breathing room.

My favorite music is what some call smooth jazz or yacht rock. They used to have a dedicated station around here but not anymore. Examples are Al Jarreau, Basia, James Ingram, Jeffrey Osborne, Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Gino Vanelli, Anita Baker, Luther Vandross.....

There is a TV station called eScapes TV. Amazing stuff. They play all this kind of music, accompanied by long blocks of recorded footage of sunsets, bridges, lighthouses, city coastlines, etc. It's based in Michigan so a high percentage of it is local footage. But they stopped broadcasting it on c-band so I can't get it anymore until high speed internet comes my way.

I play an on demand cable station all day at home that has nothing but ambient, meditation and soft nature sounds. Sleep to it also. And they stream nature photos continuous.
But, when out in public I like 70's and 80's rock. And go to all the rock concerts from that era that are still playing that I can.
I play it in the car constantly when driving.

When I'm stressed out, I will listen to what I call "spa music" - soft instrumentals, flutes, nature sounds, calming melodies, trickling water, wind chimes, ocean waves and bird songs. Otherwise, I tend to listen to rock songs from past decades. I don't like metal, rap, or anything with screaming vocalists or hyperactive rhythms. Some of that stuff is so bad (to my ears) that I don't even consider it "music". It's just noise. Soft, traditional jazz fits my mood sometimes, too.

I should add that I like a lot of classical music, too.

Maybe you could try one of my projects as ambient and chillout are passions and I have made several nice fusions over time.

Something Wonderful

That's just an idea, it may be too 'spacey' for you IDK but have a listen.

My favorite music is what some call smooth jazz or yacht rock. They used to have a dedicated station around here but not anymore. Examples are Al Jarreau, Basia, James Ingram, Jeffrey Osborne, Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Gino Vanelli, Anita Baker, Luther Vandross.....

Soma FM has a similar station.
Left Coast 70s from SomaFM

I can't listen to music at night. I only like spoken word which can be anything from a comedy station to a radio phone-in.

New Threads

Top Bottom