• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is today holiday where you are?

Billthecat

V.I.P Member
Something light to waste some time

I'm just curious to know if it's this Monday 15 August holiday or not and where you are in the world?

In Italia is an holiday.

In the US, it may be of religious significance amongst the Catholic population, but it is not a national holiday here.

It's a public holiday here. It has religious significance, but as I'm not religious, for me it's just another day like Sunday where all the shops and businesses are shut.

What is the reason for it being a holiday in Italy?

In the UK it is not a holiday
My immediate joke is:

Being blessed with 300 shapes of pasta

But the truth is it's related to the Assumption in heaven of the virgin Mary

It's not officially the feast of the mid Summer and of friendship.

The most autistic hell today is Siena, where they will run "il Palio dell'Assunta"

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_135354.jpg
    IMG_20220815_135354.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 26
It's actually the end of summer holiday here today, we have a month summer vacation every year. It's called "fellesferien", "joint holiday". So today all the kids are back in school and the parents are back at work. Big downer. After a month of summer, sun, sea and relaxing it's back to the grindstone.

Last edited:
It's a public holiday here. It has religious significance, but as I'm not religious, for me it's just another day like Sunday where all the shops and businesses are shut.
Kids went back to school this week, and many others go back next week. We had a holiday on the 1st August.
It's actually the end of summer holiday here today, we have a month summer vacation ever year. It's called "fellesferien", "joint holiday". So today all the kids are back in school and the parents are back at work. Big downer. After a month of summer, sun, sea and relaxing it's back to the grindstone.
Thank you, where are you from?

Just a tangental question - was your avatar always distorted like that? It always made me think of the Dark side of the Moon album cover, but that has straight lines.
It's a purposefully distorted Dark Side of the Moon cover.

It is but I have no idea why. Probably related to religion.

I think we're the country with the most official holidays in the world.

Hey, something entirely positive brought on by religion for a change.

Today is India's 75th Independence Day and even though I'm not there we still celebrate every year. Jai Hind :)

Today is India's 75th Independence Day and even though I'm not there we still celebrate every year. Jai Hind :)
In belgium in my specific province it is mother's day today.
Thank you
It is but I have no idea why. Probably related to religion.

I think we're the country with the most official holidays in the world.

Hey, something entirely positive brought on by religion for a change.
Thank you, but where?

I’m in the US. Not a national holiday here, but I’m on a vacation, which is called being “on holiday” in the UK and other European countries ;)

Not a holiday here.

(Nativity of) St. Jean Baptiste is a holiday in Quebec (in addition to Easter and Christmas)

New Threads

Top Bottom