• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this an Aspie thing?

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
What's your favorite animal?
Me: Cat.:hearteyecat:

What's your favorite meal?
Me: Spaghetti and meatballs.:spaghetti::yum:

What's your favorite song?
Me (knows many songs that I really like, but then suddenly forgets the names to every single one of them): .....................................:coldsweat:

That’s not a problem for me. I might have trouble choosing just one, but no trouble remembering names and titles.

I do that all the time.

My favourite food is Pizza (one of the few good things school residential trips taught me), and my fave music? Well anything from the 60's, 70's and early to mid 80's really.

I think I need to explain more about this. I was just showing how easy it is for me to pick some favorites, like food or pets, while other things, like music, is much more difficult. I wasn't implying that all people on the spectrum like spaghetti or cats or whatever. Those are just *my* favorites. It could be other things too, like colors or smells or TV shows and so on.

I find it VERY difficult to identify a favourite of anything. There's so many things to like :)
Like food as an example - I love pasta - but which is best? A cheesy sauce, a tomato sauce, a meaty sauce? They're all good. Pizza too, but which topping? But I love a curry too, or a cottage pie, or a pasty... I couldn't ever say I have a favourite, only what feels right at that point in time.

Last edited:
Like, what is your favorite color?
Depends on what it is! I like orange, but not in a carpet, red is nice in a flower, blue is nice except in a persons lips...
I hate that question.
Most people would just pick a color and say it is their favorite. But what if I answer Blue, but then change my mind in a week? Can I answer what is my favorite right at this moment?

I don't like sharing my favorite movies, books , or music. Im not sure why. Also humanity's love for cats is a mistake. Embrace crows.

I can't pick a favorite of anything. It doesn't make sense to me to stratify the things I like; I pretty much just group things into things I like (the color black, wolves, etc) and things I love (my friends, my car, my Xbox). Even still it's not a huge distinction - I guess that's black and white thinking?

I also want to comment on the "best friend" thing vis-a-vis picking favorites. It can really hurt someone's feelings if you tell them you're their 4th best friend or whatever. It's why I don't have best friends, I just say that all my friends are the best :)

I've been burned out on animals my whole life, I really don't like them anymore. Anymore it feels like they're pushed on me wherever I go away from home.

Favorite food is probably shells and cheese. Plain with cheese is my motto.

Favorite song, got too many to choose. With over 1000 albums in my collection, and being one who plays music, it's impossible to choose one favorite.

I find it VERY difficult to identify a favourite of anything. There's so many things to like :)
Like food as an example - I love pasta - but which is best? A cheesy sauce, a tomato sauce, a meaty sauce? They're all good. Pizza too, but which topping? But I love a curry too, or a cottage pie, or a pasty... I couldn't ever say I have a favourite, only what feels right at that point in time.
what's a cottage pie?

I think I need to explain more about this. I was just showing how easy it is for me to pick some favorites, like food or pets, while other things, like music, is much more difficult. I wasn't implying that all people on the spectrum like spaghetti or cats or whatever. Those are just *my* favorites. It could be other things too, like colors or smells or TV shows and so on.
LOL - never know where the thread will head?
I was going to ask your age - that has a lot to do with remembering certain things, too. I'm forgetting more and more daily, it seems. :)

favorite food - hamburger. color - always gray animal - grizzly from a distance.
:) thing to do - forget lol

I have several favourite classic cars, it can change from day to day... Of note, I haven't actually purchased a classic car yet... :rolleyes:

Ford Cortina 01.jpg

I love music, but the question "what is your favourite song" or "what is your favourite band" stumps me. It would be easier if, like most people, I only listened to two or three bands, and liked ten or twenty songs, but I listen to, and like, literally thousands of bands, and tens of thousands or songs.

I think the question should always have an extra specification, or narrow down the question:
For example:
What is your favorite color range on 60'ies cars made in France?
What is your favorite dinner, for this season, today, that we have in the fridge or could get at the local grocery?
What is your favorite electroprogjazz tune these days?

Yeah, I can't rank my favorites, whether it be music, movies or games.
I just have likes and dislikes, or "meh"s. It'd be easier to link them my playlist.

That's what I supposed you meant.
That you were asking to what degree others found it
easy or difficult to specify favorites.

Not that you were inquiring regarding the actual things
people preferred.

Is this a question of "a love of favorites" or living a routine that involves most of them at any given time? Just wondering. I love my favorites, yet most of them don't really come up in a routine fashion.

Except perhaps tacos. They're a big deal to me and always have been. Always will be. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom