• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there a childhood cartoon series that you are still a fan of?

In no particular order... well, maybe Alphabetical order

Arthur (even though I was 13 at the time. lol)
Doug
Heathcliff
Inspector Gadget (I don't mind the 2015 reboot either)
Looney Tunes (Particular faves in no particular order were Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote, Speedy Gonzales, Daffy, Sylvester, Tweety, Bugs)
Rugrats

Super Chicken!!!
"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred...!"

Last edited:
Anyone remember the original episodes of Thundercats? I have the complete series on DVD, bought them on import a few years back (because at the time they weren't out in UK, they are now).

The originals were much better than the pants remake from a few years back.

Apparently they were making a live action Thundercats movie, starring Vin Diesel as Panthro, there's a few fake trailers on YouTube.

thundercats that was a good cartoon,they made a new series of it not long ago but it didn't last long.

No because like the 2002 remake of He Man, the 2005 remake of Thunder Cats was crap compared to the original.

Quick question though, what was the episode of Loony Tunes where Yosemite Sam got a Million Pounds from Bugs Bunny, who would take money off Sam when he got mad?

Found it! "From Heir to Hare" 1960.

Last edited:
"Jonny Quest". The first cartoon I recall being broadcast in prime time.

Friday night television was so much fun in the 60s. :cool:

Still love the Flintstones, mainly because I'm in love with Betty and Wilma, Betty especially.

"Jonny Quest". The first cartoon I recall being broadcast in prime time.

Friday night television was so much fun in the 60s. :cool:

Yeah, I remember the intro for the later version - although the only episode I remember was the one with the pirate Black Jack Lee.

Fairly Odd Parents is something I'd quite happy to watch again as an adult. And I just discovered they have a YouTube page with full episodes on! What it's like to be a kid again!

Rugrats was crap IMHO... Mainly because it was part of some annoyingly crap Saturday morning show on BBC 1 in the mid 90s.

Won't be long before they do a new he man cartoon I also think that they will probably do a live action since the first one didn't turn out well.

They did a remake of He Man in 2002, it sucked.

If you want to sample it there's some episodes on YouTube.

Also, way back in the late 80s/early 90s they did some crap follow up called "The New Adventures of He Man" set in Space, it was nowhere near as good as the original series, episodes of that are probably on YouTube as well.

They did a remake of He Man in 2002, it sucked.

If you want to sample it there's some episodes on YouTube.

Also, way back in the late 80s/early 90s they did some crap follow up called "The New Adventures of He Man" set in Space, it was nowhere near as good as the original series, episodes of that are probably on YouTube as well.
I know of the new adventures of he man and yes it was pretty average and I have also heard rumours recently that Hollywood are still working on a new live action movie.

I know of the new adventures of he man and yes it was pretty average and I have also heard rumours recently that Hollywood are still working on a new live action movie.

Yeah there's a few fake trailers for the live action He Man movie on YouTube, although almost anything would be an improvement on the pants Dolph Lundgren He Man movie from 1987 with the annoying Gwildor character and that guy who played Tom Paris in Star Trek Voyager.

X-Men - The Animated Series: (That theme tune was awesome). :D

Godzilla the Animated Series: The 1998 American film might not be loved by the fans of the original Godzilla, but the follow-up animated series was definitely a big improvement.

Animaniacs: Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, and who didn't try to learn this song. :)

As someone has already mentioned Pokemon, I assume it's okay to list anime as well.
Here's a few others I like watching if I can:

Dragonball Z: Funnily enough, I'd never even heard of this until I ended up in hospital for several weeks. Watching anything and everything on television was the only real way to keep boredom away and I came across this among other things. Personally, I thought it was awesome. :)

Cardcaptors: I watched this one when I was still in primary school and there's something about it that just keeps me coming back to it every now and then:

Beyblade: Another one I keep coming back to every now and then. I used to love those crazy spinning tops when I was a kid, although I never watched the show beyond the third series (G-Revolution). Kai - the guy with the scarf - was my favorite character in the first three series.

New Threads

Top Bottom