• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there a childhood cartoon series that you are still a fan of?

There was a Godzilla series way before that, way back in the early 80s as I recall, it wasn't bad.

There was a Godzilla series way before that, way back in the early 80s as I recall, it wasn't bad.

Yeah, I remember that one. It had Godzilla's "nephew" Godzooky in it and Godzilla could shoot lasers from his eyes.

I prefer the newer series personally but at least in the older series - and unlike Scrappy in the Scooby Doo cartoons - Godzooky was actually useful.

I watched a lot of Futurama as a kid and lately I've be re-watching a bunch of episodes on Netflix. I think a lot of the humor was lost on me when I was young and only now am I able to truly comprehend the genius of that show's writing.

Yeah, I remember that one. It had Godzilla's "nephew" Godzooky in it and Godzilla could shoot lasers from his eyes.

I prefer the newer series personally but at least in the older series - and unlike Scrappy in the Scooby Doo cartoons - Godzooky was actually useful.

Yeah everyone hated Scrappy.

I used to love the Scooby Show though, mainly cos I fancied Daphne, and I kind of still do :D

Oh man.... I still like so many of them to this day! Dexter's Laboratory was my favorite though, along with the Powerpuff Girls, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, old Spongebob Squarepants episodes, Hey Arnold, and so many more. I was a kid in the late 90's-00's, so most of the good cartoons from back then are ones I still enjoy today.

Samurai Jack
The original four series were a lot of fun and the 5th season - which is currently playing now and has taken a more adult turn - is awesome. :)
A quick bit of info for those who don't know, the original series features a Samurai warrior armed with a mystical sword trying to destroy a powerful demonic entity called Aku. However, Aku transports the Samurai into the far future - where Aku is now Earth's tyrannical ruler. This leads the Samurai (now calling himself Jack) on a quest to try and find a way back to the past to undo the Apocalyptic world that Aku has created.

The 5th series deals with Jack still in the future. However, 50 years have now past and - as a result of his initial time travel - Jack hasn't aged. The series deals with the stagnation of his quest, with Jack suffering various hallucinations and trying to find his way in a world where he seemingly has nothing left to fight for.

Original Series
(Warning - flashing imagery)

5th Series

Ulysses 31 was class, they never did make it Home though did they? I have the complete series on DVD but I've only watched the first few episodes.

Ulysses 31 was class, they never did make it Home though did they? I have the complete series on DVD but I've only watched the first few episodes.

Any excuse to watch the full series. :)

Still, if you're not in the mood for watching the full series, here's the ending revealed.
They reach the Kingdom of Hades, pass a final test and successfully return home

"Let's go! Xiaolin Showdown!"
One of the lesser-known gems from circa 2003, Xiaolin Showdown was the creation of Christy Hui. Basically: It is the BEST "American anime" I have EVER seen. And the only one I HAVE seen. The cast is lead by voice acting all-stars Tara Strong, Grey DeLisle, Tom Kenny, and Jeff Bennett. With Montana Max (Danny Cooksey), Max Goof (Jason Marsden), and Mark Hamill's long lost sister (Susan Silo) as some memorable villains.

The premise: Four young students of the Xiaolin way (Omi, Kimiko, Raimundo, and Clay) are sent off into the world to find the mystical Shen Gong Wu after ancient Heylin witch Wuya is released from her puzzlebox by hilariously inept supervillain wannabe Jack Spicer. Season 2 introduces the viewers to Chase Young: An evil Batman, so to speak.

I have the distinct sense that Ms. Hui MAY be a fan of the DC comics. My basis? Two minor villains, Katnappe and Pandabubba, bear great resemblance to Batman characters Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin. And Wuya, while GREATLY sharing qualities with Lord Voldemort, may draw from The Enchantress. Chase Young, as I have said before, could be considered a villainous version of Batman.

Flintstone Kids, came way back in '86 as I recall, loved it, mainly cos the young Betty was almost as gorgeous as her adult self.

Not really a cartoon, but I still like to watch Pee-wees Playhouse. It's has hidden adult humor as well, so it was good for children and adults.

Courage the Cowardly Dog. I often depict that doggy's cartoonish voice and people tell me I sound pretty similar to him.

It also wasn't a cartoon (although it showed cartoon content), I used to love "Sing Me a Story with Belle" on Playhouse Disney, mainly cos i was in love with the actress who played Belle, she was hot, gorgeous, and had a great singing voice,

I still like to watch Looney tunes from the 40's, 50's and 60's, Dexter's Lab, Hey Arnold, and an european educational cartoon:

The simpsons but until season 15 or 17, after that it lost its charm. Animaniacs and Freakazoid!. More recently Yu-Gi-Oh but only the first generation (Yugi's story)

I still love Spongebob, it's a low-key special interest for me. The old episodes (seasons 1 - 3) are my faves, but even the newer episodes are still capable of making me smile.

New Threads

Top Bottom