• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is the moderation more light-touch here than on other Aspie boards?

I knew this and yet still continued to forget as I typed my last message...idiot :oops:

curtsey.gif

OK.
Now, if you get a little picture of a guy
bowing, in response to me curtsying,
I think we'll have it all taken care of. :)

As compared to what?

Compared to the only other Aspie forum I have experience with, AC is more moderated. And that isn't necessarily bad. Its just the answer is relative to ones own personnal experience.

I will add, if you have had problems on multiple previous Aspie forums, there is no reason to expect a different outcome here.

We try to be a bit more on the light side here, however it doesn't mean everything goes and we wont ban anyone.

There are a few topics we pretty much don't allow per rules, one of the being religion (the other one being politics that are not related to autism specifically), as these topics require a lot of moderation and people will most likely get offended in said threads. It's one of the ways we try to keep a friendly atmosphere here.

You might want to take a look at this here

https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/general-rules-guidelines.3/

I used to see religion brought up quite a lot here. I was bothered. There is a person I still don't like reading or responding to because I remember how much they talked about their religion. I do not mean offense to anyone, I don't want anyone to feel bad because of what I just said, it's just what happened to me when I read all those posts. I agree that any topic here should be fine if it relates to autism. I will read the rules as linked to and see what I can learn.

Just a reminder, if you have a specific complaint about a moderator and/or their actions then please take it up privately with staff.

Understood.
Religion is allowed depending on how it's talked about. Religious debates are frowned upon, as is criticism of religions or of irreligiosity. But it's fine to state "I'm this religion" or "I was in Church this morning" or "I'm not religious" as long as it doesn't turn into arguments/debates/criticisms, etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom