• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it possible to stream songs offline with a free Spotify account?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

My research on Google suggests that to stream music offline on Dad's phone, he'd need a Premium Spotify account, but he doesn't want to pay a monthly fee.

Can you do the same thing with a free account?

I did just think of a cheaper alternative that has a lot more songs than Spotify, I could give Dad access to my Amazon Music account, which has 40,000,000 songs to stream for free, but I'm not sure if it works offline.

Can anyone help me answer Dad's questions? I've already looked on Google as mentioned.

I did just think of a cheaper alternative that has a lot more songs than Spotify, I could give Dad access to my Amazon Music account, which has 40,000,000 songs to stream for free, but I'm not sure if it works offline.

Can anyone help me answer Dad's questions? I've already looked on Google as mentioned.

According to this source, Amazon Music Unlimited is listed as one of the top best streaming music services with an offline mode pertinent to mobile and desktop systems:

Best 5 Streaming Music Services with Offline Mode

As far as I know there shouldn't be any reason why you can't save your tracks, download them to your Spotify client and listen offline on a free account.

I believe the only real difference between a free and a premium account is that you'll have adverts and a limited amount of song skips on the "radio" mode.

Thanks guys.

I just tried to log in to my own Spotify account on Dad's phone, but I can't remember my password for it or my Facebook account so I can't log in :(

Plus to use an Amazon Music account on more than 2 devices, my Echo and my phone, I'd have to have a Family account for £15 a month.

Last edited:
Spotify needs a premium account to be able to download playlists for offline use.

You might also look at iHeartRadio...a free service with an offline mode for playlists.

Ah. And I know that in order to play music through your Amazon Echo device you need a premium account too, just gonna throw that in there.

I have that.

I use my own Amazon account to play stuff on my Alexa, er I mean Echo device, so I probably have the Premium service.

I might be able to let Dad have access to my account.

I managed to set it up on Dad's Iphone earlier, he just wants to see if it will connect to the speakers in his car.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom