• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it just me?

I find emojis fun, even if I don't necessarily understand what they're being used for - my sense of humour can be a bit nonsensical at times, so if someone uses an emoji which seems to have no relation to anything, I find it funny. Other than that, I tend to use emojis quite a lot, like a smiley face or sad face, to be sure I'm getting across the emotion I mean to. They're very helpful to me!
I WOULD like to use them more as I'm always worried people will misinterpret my meaning but when I look at them I can't seem to find the one that I'm looking for. That's my whole point! And they look different on every device or site so I get more confused. Smile or sad I can do but I often want confused, embarrassed, annoyed, disappointed, sorry etc etc...........

i tried googling it :-V( dont know the emoji ive just used means think its overwhelmed) as a girl had sent a message and the emojis were just numbers, there were some sites that were completely about emojis .
I think the ones apple use are the most I have ever seen.
I sort of understand some of them ,some of them nothing.

i tried googling it :-V( dont know the emoji ive just used means think its overwhelmed) as a girl had sent a message and the emojis were just numbers, there were some sites that were completely about emojis .
I think the ones apple use are the most I have ever seen.
I sort of understand some of them ,some of them nothing.
I just looked and there is actually an Emojipedia. Who knew?
One day when I've got nothing better to do I might have an in depth look :) ( I know I'm safe with that one )

tablets have worn off so im feeling the anxiety attack !into panic attack which reduces intellect hugely .
interesting emojipedia o_O ,one thing apple dont send a paper instruction book so ive just poked at pictures and ive got to phone( oh my g~d) apple ,as ive tried to get an app from the Aus app store, wouldnt allow a british debit card and now its stuck in the Aus app store ,permanently!!!!!!!!!!!panic panic,
I just looked and there is actually an Emojipedia. Who knew?
One day when I've got nothing better to do I might have an in depth look :) ( I know I'm safe with that one )

My daughters and husband have tried to explain to me how they use emojis and can use them effortlessly. They can keep up with trends and changes too.

Myself and my son don't use them.

tablets have worn off so im feeling the anxiety attack !into panic attack which reduces intellect hugely .
interesting emojipedia o_O ,one thing apple dont send a paper instruction book so ive just poked at pictures and ive got to phone( oh my g~d) apple ,as ive tried to get an app from the Aus app store, wouldnt allow a british debit card and now its stuck in the Aus app store ,permanently!!!!!!!!!!!panic panic,
I'm sorry to hear that Streetwise. I wish I could help. (Darn a sympathetic emoji would be useful right now )

I'm sorry to hear that Streetwise. I wish I could help. (Darn a sympathetic emoji would be useful right now )
and the emoji was wrong got to look at the emojipedia.
i really need it words mean less and less each day .
its alright you have no idea what talking does for me ,when the person isnt sarcastic or snide .im learning to not acknowledge sarcasm.

I sometimes have trouble with emojis. On online forums I'll scroll over emojis and see what they mean. This has helped me learn them. I think I have trouble with this because some people on the spectrum have trouble reading facial expressions.

I use the frog in my signature on here because I have pet frogs. Wonder if frog has a hidden meaning?

New Threads

Top Bottom