• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it just me?

flat effect.jpg

Don't think it works if you are using a tablet.
Or am I showing my age again?
no the iPad doesn't say anything dont know about other ones what I did was Google them and they give you a list, useless for me as I have no memory now you could print them off

Not protocol - natural head movement accompanies the eye.

Try it out.
Clearly I'm not a natural winker and thinking about it now I can't recall anyone in my family being one either. My impulse is to use my left eye but not really move my head. If I did wink it would only be between me and the winkee so a head movement would draw attention to it.
The things I'm learning on this forum! ;)

Some of them I'm pretty sure I use in the literal sense, rather than some weird alternate meaning that the internet has dreamed up for them. Like, the eggplant emoji would just be an eggplant to me, but I know it's mainly used to denote male genitals.

Some of them I'm pretty sure I use in the literal sense, rather than some weird alternate meaning that the internet has dreamed up for them. Like, the eggplant emoji would just be an eggplant to me, but I know it's mainly used to denote male genitals.

Mainly? What else is it used for?

Eggplant/genitals and ... ?

What is a carrot then?

Or even better :

What does a carrot mean?

Mainly? What else is it used for?

Eggplant/genitals and ... ?

What is a carrot then?

Or even better :

What does a carrot mean?

Mainly, because there are people who use it to just denote an actual eggplant. The same as I use the hand that's doing the 'OK' to mean OK...but a lot of people use it to denote smoking weed.

Mainly, because there are people who use it to just denote an actual eggplant. The same as I use the hand that's doing the 'OK' to mean OK...but a lot of people use it to denote smoking weed.

There's a lot of strange goings on down in Cardiff.

I would skip your invite to 'come dine with me' if I were you.

Or at least check out the menu first.

There's a lot of strange goings on down in Cardiff.

I would skip your invite to 'come dine with me' if I were you.

Or at least check out the menu first.

It's not just Cardiff, honest!

Urban Dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION
Eggplant emoji:
An emoji that is used as a vegetable by mature people. Immature people use it as a dick emoji.
"Man she wants the dick!"
"How do you know?"
"She sent me the eggplant emoji"

It's not just Cardiff, honest!

Urban Dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION
Eggplant emoji:
An emoji that is used as a vegetable by mature people. Immature people use it as a dick emoji.
"Man she wants the dick!"
"How do you know?"
"She sent me the eggplant emoji"

oh god. Remind me to never read the urban dictionary.

Things are awful enough as they are, without finding out new stuff :)

I find emojis fun, even if I don't necessarily understand what they're being used for - my sense of humour can be a bit nonsensical at times, so if someone uses an emoji which seems to have no relation to anything, I find it funny. Other than that, I tend to use emojis quite a lot, like a smiley face or sad face, to be sure I'm getting across the emotion I mean to. They're very helpful to me!

In this age of communication via text, emojis are very useful...... unless of course you can't decipher what they mean???
Beyond the really obvious ones I have no idea what they're trying to convey unless there is a written explanation.
Am I alone here?

Your not alone

: ) and : ( thats my whole emoji library : )

I like them! They add an expression to plain text and makes it more like body language to avoid confusion. Am I joking? :) Am I (angry)?

I just learn them like words.

i usually use words and apply the archaic and forgotten arts of spelling and grammar, but the occasional emoji is nice :)

New Threads

Top Bottom