• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Apple or Microsoft more evil?

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I want to hear your thoughts which company do you think is more evil. Microsoft or Apple? One example can be like, you don't like this company business practice because....

Neither corporation is evil, we live in a capitalist world where the law of supply and demand is 'god'. Both corporations feed the need that is generated at grass root level through marketing. Marketing is driven by the peoples choice as a feed back loop, as such there is no evil.

Neither corporation is evil, we live in a capitalist world where the law of supply and demand is 'god'. Both corporations feed the need that is generated at grass root level through marketing. Marketing is driven by the peoples choice as a feed back loop, as such there is no evil.
I guess each person can see something in different ways. I know there endless stuff on the web a person hate Apple cause of .... or a person hates Microsoft cause of....

I just curious people views here that are members. Maybe I should have used the word corrupt, I have trouble sometimes the choice of words I want to use to get my point across. But maybe I find someone giving the response I'm looking for.

While consumers may never appreciate corporations aggressively protecting the proprietary technologies they create, they are nevertheless the intellectual property of the manufacturers. Not the users.

And as corporations their charter and obligations are always going to be first and foremost to their shareholders, officers and directors, employees and customers. In that order.

The best scenario for consumers is when such entities truly compete against each other. The worst when they choose to collude or succeed in monopolizing a market.

Last edited:
While consumers may never appreciate corporations aggressively protecting the proprietary technologies they create, they are nevertheless the intellectual property of the manufacturers. Not the users.

And as corporations their charter and obligations are always going to be first and foremost to their shareholders, officers and directors, employees and customers. In that order.
I don't have any issues companies protecting proprietary technologies. I can also understand why companies do what they do. But still waiting for someone to write something relevant on why I create this post for.

I don't have any issues companies protecting proprietary technologies. I can also understand why companies do what they do. But still waiting for someone to write something relevant on why I create this post for.

I think Harrison54 covered that quite well. "Evil" isn't part of the equation. It's highly relevant to the question you posed.

I not disagreeing what both of you wrote, but what both of you wrote is not what I am looking for.

Considering this is an Aspie forum, perhaps it would be better for you to put your intentions in plain sight. Otherwise they might easily be misinterpreted.

Considering this is an Aspie forum, perhaps it would be better for you to put your intentions in plain sight. Otherwise they might easily be misinterpreted.
It is not that simple for having a language based learning disability. Anyhow, someone will get it within time.

It is not that simple for having a language based learning disability. Anyhow, someone will get it within time.

If you are expecting people to be mindful of your condition, perhaps it would be in your best interest to also be mindful of theirs rather than be cryptic in what you are obviously soliciting for.

I'm trying to be really tactful here...

If you are expecting people to be mindful of your condition, perhaps it would be in your best interest to also be mindful of theirs rather than be cryptic in what you are obviously soliciting for.
I get that. I face this issue no matter what site I use. However, I still write things as I know there is some people will understand what I'm trying to say. This is an issue I need to deal with for my whole life. I know no one willing to help me so this is the best I can do.

I not disagreeing what both of you wrote, but what both of you wrote is not what I am looking for.
Sometimes you won't get the kind of answer you want. That being said, this is far more complex than a question of good versus evil.

It would help significantly if you isolated a specific issue to discuss. For example, let's look at the use of conflict minerals in computers and other products. Both Microsoft and Apple are among the better performers:

Conflict Minerals Company Rankings | RAISE Hope for Congo

You're not responsible for ending threads. Don't close a discussion because you're not getting replies you want to hear.

My earlier post is a good starting point for further talk about which is morally superior, at least on one specific issue.

You're not responsible for ending threads. Don't close a discussion because you're not getting replies you want to hear.

My earlier post is a good starting point for further talk about which is morally superior, at least on one specific issue.
If I don't get the response I want for this post it is not the end of the world for me. Though I did look at the link you sent me, I might having trouble trying to get your message. I do know your trying to use that example to see if I can write better for future posts. My writing issues is very complex. Many people had trouble to get me to understand. At the same time, cause of my writing issues, it can be hard for me to get people to understand what I want to say. To me I thought this would be a fun discussion. But it didn't end up turning out this way. I guess what I might consider interesting may not be for other people. But I see also people pointing out the issue arise on how I wrote this post. I guess writing for me will be the hit and miss approach because of my writing difficulties.

To me I thought this would be a fun discussion. But it didn't end up turning out this way. I guess what I might consider interesting may not be for other people.
It's true that not everyone finds the same things interesting or fun, but what makes you think that other participants aren't interested? If we weren't interested, we wouldn't be posting in this thread.

For example, let's look at the use of conflict minerals in computers and other products. Both Microsoft and Apple are among the better performers:

Conflict Minerals Company Rankings | RAISE Hope for Congo

Very interesting. It appears to reflect somewhat of a pattern in terms of considerations of resources procured by some corporate entities as opposed to others.

It may not reflect whatever the OP was getting at, but it does broaden the discussion. That there's more to the equation than just consumers and manufacturers.

Very interesting. It appears to reflect somewhat of a pattern in terms of considerations of resources procured by some corporate entities as opposed to others.
Yes, that's true. I freely admit that I'm not as informed as I could be on the subject, but I do know that Nintendo has consistently refused to make any sort of progress, which is especially horrible given that it's a giant in the video game industry.

It's true that not everyone finds the same things interesting or fun, but what makes you think that other participants aren't interested? If we weren't interested, we wouldn't be posting in this thread.
I don't know. Anyways, I just hope one day get the response I want and if not, it is not the end of the world.

New Threads

Top Bottom