• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone staying up till gone Midnight to see the New Year in?

I plan to be downtown for the big party, just out taking photos of the celebrations on my own... According to the news it will be -15 Celcius at midnight, I'll just bundle up with warm clothing, there will be lots of people there even with the temperature... I'm actually not a big New Year's Eve person, I just enjoy observing and photographing at the event, and I am a natural night owl anyway...

It's just about quarter to 11pm my time and I can't sleep so I'll just ring in the New Year. I'm somewhat buoyed by the fact that this year was not as bad as last year. I kind of hope the trend continues. It was a year I learned a lot about myself and had some pretty significant breakthroughs. Of course my mental health worsened but it's all very treatable. Even if next year is only marginally better, that will be a good trend.

While I stayed up until 1 and did my duty to calm the cats down after all the fireworks, I also got rudely awakened at 3am when my other half stumbled home ringing all the doorbells because he forgot his keys at home. :rolleyes: Oh the joys of life with an NT! :p

While I stayed up until 1 and did my duty to calm the cats down after all the fireworks, I also got rudely awakened at 3am when my other half stumbled home ringing all the doorbells because he forgot his keys at home. :rolleyes: Oh the joys of life with an NT! :p

Look on the bright side; it could have taken his keys and undergone this situation.
*Trying to get key in door while drunk*
"Up a bit...left a bit..."
*Suddenly notices the number*

"Damn, wrong house - wrong bloomin' house!"

I saw the New Year in by means of a walking break in Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. The organisers had booked a function room for a dinner (Indian/Nepalese curry buffet) and dance. The "function room" was actually an old stable and rather draughty (check out a picture here), but it warmed up once we got the moves on.

As they say in that part of the world, Blywyddn Newydd Dda!

In the end I didn't stay up, I was in bed by 10 PM after watching the Mrs Brown's Boys New Year Special.

I always stay up and watch the ball drop, been doing that since I was a kid. For almost 20 years I've found a satellite feed for the ball, that's my tradition.

New Threads

Top Bottom