• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction

Torin

Hi my name is Torin. I'm 16 years old and am an avid skier who loves keeping tarantulas. I currently have 4. I hope to be an arachnologist when I'm older. I also am interested in math, neuroscience, psychometrics, and dabbling in philosophy. I'm pretty technologically illiterate and have sub-par grammar so please don't destroy me. I look forward to interesting discussions with all of you!!!

Hi my name is Torin. I'm 16 years old and am an avid skier who loves keeping tarantulas. I currently have 4. I hope to be an arachnologist when I'm older. I also am interested in math, neuroscience, psychometrics, and dabbling in philosophy. I'm pretty technologically illiterate and have sub-par grammar so please don't destroy me. I look forward to interesting discussions with all of you!!!

Hi there Torin and warm wellcome to the forum

I had more then a few Sp of Tarantullas/ Arachnids my self may i ask what Sp you have ?

Last edited:
upload_2020-1-23_10-26-6.png

Hi there Torin and warm wellcome to the forum

I had more then a few Sp of Tarantullas/ Arachnids my self may i ask what Sp you have ?
I currently have 1 young adult female Cyriopagopus lividus, 1 adult female G.rosea, 1 Avicularia Avicularia and 1 Aphonopelma chalcodes.
Don't worry my Avic has cross ventilation and my C.lividus has the deepest of substrates.

I currently have 1 young adult female Cyriopagopus lividus, 1 adult female G.rosea, 1 Avicularia Avicularia and 1 Aphonopelma chalcodes.
Don't worry my Avic has cross ventilation and my C.lividus has the deepest of substrates.

A the old Cobolt blue never had that one seen it at a friends Collection (he had a HUGE Collection ) tho very nice . Had a few Rosea, never had Avucularia my self but a few of my friends had nice ones, aphonopelma chalcodes same story but they are very pretty indeed .

Oh i wasent even thinking of being worried Torin im shore they are very well :cool:

I take it a Brachypelma emilia is on the wiching list ;) (had one my self lovely ) :)

A the old Cobolt blue never had that one seen it at a friends Collection (he had a HUGE Collection ) tho very nice . Had a few Rosea, never had Avucularia my self but a few of my friends had nice ones, aphonopelma chalcodes same story but they are very pretty indeed .

Oh i wasent even thinking of being worried Torin im shore they are very well :cool:

I take it a Brachypelma emilia is on the wiching list ;) (had one my self lovely ) :)
B. Emilia are absolutely stunning. I would buy one in a heartbeat. My C.Lividus is quite defensive but luckily she chills out in her burrow so much it's never an issue. I only have to deal with her less then kind nature during rehouses. I'm thinking about getting an M.balfouri communal. The insane thing is my mom will let me keep tarantulas even the fast bitey ones but won't let me keep mealworms as t food.

B. Emilia are absolutely stunning. I would buy one in a heartbeat. My C.Lividus is quite defensive but luckily she chills out in her burrow so much it's never an issue. I only have to deal with her less then kind nature during rehouses. I'm thinking about getting an M.balfouri communal. The insane thing is my mom will let me keep tarantulas even the fast bitey ones but won't let me keep mealworms as t food.

I agree 101 % sadly they are also NOT cheep :eek: . Yes i heard they can be somewhat aggressive so do be carefull. Yes they are lovely indeed Not had one my self but said friend with the big Collection did. Give her time dear ;)

Hi, Torin. I'm also new here.

What is it about tarantulas that attracts you? Most people would be terrified of them, myself included.

Hi Torin! Welcome to the forums!

Tarantulas are fascinating creatures! I've never owned any myself. But I was fortunate enough to run into someone who kept them at a pet store once. He helped at the pet store with handling the tarantulas they had there to get them more accustomed to peoples' touch.. I probably spent at least half an hour asking him questions and learning about them.. Very interesting critters! :D

Hey Torin, Welcome!

You're plenty literate, I am sure. I hope you make friends here.

New Threads

Top Bottom