• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing me….

Tuffsy

Hi, this is me, mid-sixties, diagnosed about 10 years ago, I was a technical nerd (perfect job) then decided to become a teacher! Bad move. Lasted 2 stressful years, then I was drummed out by a false accusation which led to PTSD, depression and worse. I've always been a part-time musician and songwriter, currently with Shoal Vibes Music (no advertising intended, just pride). I find that music really soothes my soul and makes me feel like myself. I can't stand crowds, parties etc, but if I'm playing music I feel comfortable. I'm hoping I might find people like me in this group, as Facebook just angers and depresses me.
Tuffsy, aka Johnny Geetah

e4a79f1205ae5d1ce17a7ee52d0086e3.png

Welcome! Being in technical fields, either basic research or Pharma Process Design or Quality/Validation let me thrive beyond my expectations. Love music and have been teaching myself banjo, though have been stalled out at Foggy Mountain Breakdown or Steve Martin's Tin Roof.

Welcome! Being in technical fields, either basic research or Pharma Process Design or Quality/Validation let me thrive beyond my expectations. Love music and have been teaching myself banjo, though have been stalled out at Foggy Mountain Breakdown or Steve Martin's Tin Roof.
Thanks Gerald, great to meet you. I tried banjo and found it harder than guitar, although I bought an Irish Bouzouki and can play a few tunes.

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear you went through a difficult time, but it's great you have your musical and technical talents to rely on. Wish I was musical! Tried guitar but can't seem to speed up enough to be adequate. And that was after 3 years trying! I'm definitely a slow learner, but don't think music skills are my gift, unfortunately. It must be great to write songs!

I don't go on Facebook or anywhere much except here, this is a good place to have discussions that relate to our experiences and to the autism spectrum. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:walking::bicyclist::runner::snowboarder::surfer::swimmer::rowboat::rocket:

Thanks Gerald, great to meet you. I tried banjo and found it harder than guitar, although I bought an Irish Bouzouki and can play a few tunes.
Welcome!
I've tried Ukelele and bowed psaltry. I have found I have patience for neither. But should we meet I can accompany you with my kazoo :p

Welcome :)

I’m a musician too (mostly percussion but also some electronic music and DJing. I can also play the piano fairly well.) I’m also a visual artist (I draw, paint, sketch, do digital art, etc.) Music is one of my biggest special interests. :)

I also have PTSD. I’m sorry that happened to you. Social media made me angry too so I deleted it, and now I just come on here :)

I’ve made a lot of great friends here, I hope you will too!!
- Luca

Welcome! :)

I'm not a musician, but, I do know how music soothes the soul.
Always wanted to play piano.
Took lessons for a while in my late teens. Just never got really good.
It's great you have the talent and have learned to play musical instruments.

I'm 64 and was diagnosed in my mid 50's after a trauma I couldn't seem to work through.
Good to see you have joined.
I find it is the best place for discussions, chats, and a feeling of belonging that allows for
open discussion on many topics.
Hope you like it here too!

New Threads

Top Bottom