• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

internet memes

allie

hello

just wondering what you all think of internet memes. like, them, hate them, no opinion? do you like or dislike certain memes?

j7vtu5.jpg
are-you-serious-wtf-meme-baby-face.jpg
meme.png

It depends on the Meme.
Some annoy me, I find others funny.

I'm annoyed by all the ones that use this picture

One reason I get annoyed by the memes that use this picture there is NO true connection between the picture and what is being said.
creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-tell-me-again-how-voting-for-romney-or-obama-will-change-anything-at-all-6180ab1.jpg

I am so sorry for subjecting you all to this image.

However, I'm okay with memes that have no true connection between the picture and the message IF the picture is something cute, or something I like looking at.
One+_bab89313dba93cf6c4bd215f338fe18c.jpg

Now This one (below) does make sense. This one is really good, as a result. There is a clear connection between the picture and the verbal message.
glen-mustache-walking-dead-meme.jpg

Hmm...I've got kind of a different perspective on this one.
The person who put it together is complaining about other people complaining. Complaining about other people complaining. Somewhat ironic.
Yeah,I saw it that way too

Hmm...I've got kind of a different perspective on this one.
The person who put it together is complaining about other people complaining. Complaining about other people complaining. Somewhat ironic.
I agree with you. And one should never trivialize another's suffering, nor their own.

I agree with you. And one should never trivialize another's suffering, nor their own.
Right. One's own sufferings do not negate the sufferings of someone else, nor do someone else's sufferings negate one's own.

I dislike this trend in our society of dismissing people's sufferings on account of the fact that the suffering person lives in the First World.
Us here on AC can attest that many of us do experience emotional, and occasionally material hardships. And this community is amazingly supportive during such times :blush: Including you guys on this thread. Many of the members here are able one day to tell about the psychological and sometimes material burden they are staggering under, and are able the next day to offer warmth and kindness to someone else who is having a hard time. :disrelieved:

P.S. Mia I don't mean it to sound like I thought you were trying to dismiss people's sufferings on account of the fact that the suffering person lives in the First World. Not at all. I've seen enough of you to know better. I was just referring to a trend I have seen elsewhere, a trend of which I wondered whether the creator of the meme might partake in it.

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't grind any gears here :eek: If so,remove it pleaseView attachment 21052
Which implies Jesus smacked Santa Clause. Only Saint Nick has such a lovely beard! :p
And now I have Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny going through my head...

Don't worry Ste11aeres My original thought was of the person with the innovative footwear, replying to someone complaining about their life.

Yet after I put it up, I had the thought that the person who wrote the meme was 'using' this image of a poverty stricken individual to validate a point, which is a cheap device. That the imagery when used should be copyrighted to the benefit of the person it was taken of.
Aye. Personally I think the dude should be applauded for his ingenuity and most folks would do good to learn from that kind of creativity and ability to recycle. There's a village I think in South America or a chain of islands who took a bunch of trash that washed up on the beach, packed the bottles with mud, and made a rather cozy little schoolhouse out of it. I would totally go to school in a bottle-brick house!

I guess I'm much like everyone in this thread; it depends on the meme. Some are just a bit overused or end up being used in the wrong way all the time.

Memes to me are an interesting thing because I always want to know where they come from; perhaps as a way to understand them better. I believe knowyourmeme has origins to memes so I usually end up there. But as someone with an interest in folkore and mythology, it's not that odd for me to be interested in the origin of memes I suppose.

Being someone who is online a lot in general I see the majority of memes come by at some point. In my everyday lingo I often refer to all kinds of popculture things, including memes... which at times fails when my friends aren't that much online, lol. So it's where one has to explain the joke... and clearly that's detrimental to a joke, lol. Which also reminds of when I was dating my ex-gf who was in her early 20's and probably more footed in internetculture, opposed to my late 20's/early 30's friends.

I do have a thing about the more crude and offensive memes I guess, which is why I'll gladly say Insanity wolf is among my favorites, lol. (but then again, that kind of rather crude remarks and "jokes" tend to be stuff I often blurted out before I knew IW was a meme).

Other favorites of mine are Overly manly man and Philosoraptor.

I think a lot of memes are fun in really, really specific situations... but seem to be used like a trendy thing at the moment. Which kinda ruins them.

I like making memes.
That way they can refer to
personal experiences and be funny
for the people involved.

New Threads

Top Bottom