• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Intensitysquared crashed/Is back

Pappy Boyington

About 3 days ago, the database at Intensity crashed and nobody seems to be fixing it.

Also the site has dropped off of Google search, you can only get to it by typing in the address directly from what I'm seeing.

It looks like the site name may come up for sale soon.

Would anyone be interested in a new version of Intensitysquared??

I haven't been there in so many years I don't even care about that place. I only lurked there every now and then. I didn't even recognize lot of the users there anymore.

Nice to see you SG!

There's only a few new members but many have come back with new profiles so you probably didn't recognize them.

I only cared about a few people there but that was the only place I had contact with them. I've got lots of good memories hanging out there and I'm sad to see it go.

It would be nice if someone bought the name and started up a new Intensity.

Nice to see you SG!

There's only a few new members but many have come back with new profiles so you probably didn't recognize them.

I only cared about a few people there but that was the only place I had contact with them. I've got lots of good memories hanging out there and I'm sad to see it go.

It would be nice if someone bought the name and started up a new Intensity.

Thanks, lot of people don't recognize me anymore and some still know who I am.

BTW I don't recognize you.

I^2 is basically an autistic 4chan without the pranks and the lulz... just a lightly moderated site which has somewhat of an "eh" side when discussing Wrong Planet.

odeon is considering turning it into a moderated site.

He's talking about switching from hostgator, which is based in Texas, to a host based in the E.U.

This means that free speech is not protected for a site hosted in the E.U., they have to conform to censorship standards that meet E.U. guidelines.

This will suck for the Admins because they have a TON of posts there that have to be deleted to meet those standards.

In other words, the old Intensity will die if they do this.

You probably need a disclaimer page to the effect that it's a private members only club, over 18 etc, in the usa. Don't know much about site hosting, maybe some of the euros know about Euro stuff.

Didn't Obama give da internet to da UN or sumfink.

Ax 4 Chan, I'm sure they know.

Any reason why it crashed?

He can use another host in the US can he?

Hostgator ran out of disc space to host the site and it got "bumped off".

I think he wants to host it in the EU to introduce moderation in a backdoor kinda way.

He can delete posts and claim "that post violated EU law so we had to delete it".

That really sucks, I can understand now why websites would have the donation button that allows users to donate to the site so the web forum owner can pay for the forum fees to keep it up. I have donated at least a $1 to a website forum in the past. I figure for every dollar per member, it helps with the forum fees if every user donates.

Sounds like you are in contact with Odeon.

Hello (long time Intensity member here) - why it crashed is no secret, we got the word out as soon as we could. The server did indeed run out of disk space and Hostgator's techs took an entire week to fix it even after repeated messages. Not impressive.

As for switching to an EU server, Odeon himself is in the EU and he pays the hosting, so it's ultimately his call, but personally I'm not in favour of any plan that requires deleting old posts. There's no reason that I know of not to pick another host in the USA.

The site is back up as of a few days ago.

Pappy has been trying to start a competing site for years, but it never gets enough members to be self-sustaining. The more autism forums the better, IMO.

An American Host wouldn't be a problem, yet an EU Host would be because of that thing they passed?

Why not move to another American host?

I am pretty sure having members donate to the new site wouldn't be enough because the community is too small.

New Threads

Top Bottom