• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Instagram issues

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I have used Instagram with almost zero issues for three years, started with one main account, created another for vintage photos, used both seamlessly the whole time

I have it running on my desktop browser (Firefox) whenever I'm home, it's always running on my smart phone, I also use software called Grids (installed on my desktop computer) to upload photos to both accounts, until recently both accounts were set up on Grids to swap back and forth without entering passwords.

A few weeks back I started getting messages that they detected "suspicious activity" and locked me out, easy enough to recover the account using phone prompts, I eventually set up two factor authentication on my phone to log in (texts me a code to enter before I can log in), and accessing that second account became much harder, I've almost given up on it.

So effectively I have Instagram open and logged in in three places 1) smart phone, 2) desktop computer browser (Firefox), and often open and logged in via 3) Grids (as described above), and that system worked fine for a long time

After having that "suspicious activity" prompt so often, I'm thinking something strange is going on, unless Instagram doesn't like Grids (I've thought of that), as I used to use a website called Gramblr to upload until it got shut down by Instagram, they who want everyone to upload photos through a smart phone! o_O Which I really don't want to do, as it becomes a complex interplay of using folders to upload from a "proper" computer

And I really want proper access to that second account

Anyone have any ideas on what the heck is going on, if any of this makes sense, and I'm pretty sure it's not hackers, or maybe it is?

I’ve not experienced any issues like what you are detailing granted my Instagram account is quite lean in that I significantly guard who I follow and who I allow to follow my account.

I am not surprised that issues like this can be a thing. It seems to me that social media platforms are suspect as to their motives and how those who manage them are managing a narrative as opposed to facilitating a tool for free expression.

Certainly this is my opinion and I readily offer that my experience with social media is quite limited. I’d be very interested to hear others experience as I am betting others have more experience than I to be sure.

Maybe what you are experiencing is a result of a person hacking to be disruptive. I would wonder what the motive might be to dial in on your account where you are sharing your art?

Maybe there is a mismatch between Instagram and this grid app that is managing your media view or a result of multiple accounts. I don’t know.

Let’s see what others relate regarding their experience.

Thank you for the post. It’s an interesting one.

If you also support Facebook, then you can easily link accounts by importing photos. To cope with this task, you will need administrator access to both pages. If there are no problems with this, then in the account settings you need to select "Linked accounts". In the next window, click on the Facebook logo and enter your credentials. If everything went correctly, the account name will appear under the icon. You can find out more information about how to post on instagram - 1394ta. Good luck to you!

If you also support Facebook, then you can easily link accounts by importing photos. To cope with this task, you will need administrator access to both pages. If there are no problems with this, then in the account settings you need to select "Linked accounts". In the next window, click on the Facebook logo and enter your credentials. If everything went correctly, the account name will appear under the icon. You can find out more information about how to post on instagram - 1394ta. Good luck to you!

I dealt with this a long time ago but thanks :cool:

I actually think it was related to third party software for Instagram I was using at the time... Because I didn't want to use my smart phone to upload to Instagram, I have a desktop computer after all, and rarely use my smart phone for anything much...

Yes, I'm old fashioned :) And I really don't want to directly link my Facebook and Instagram together

When you received such a communication claiming "suspicious activity", at any time did it prompt you to log into your account? If you did, they can potentially be phishing scams as well on Instagram.

You may need to change passwords again just to be certain. What I really find disturbing is a lack of information directly from Instagram through the search engines. After all, it's not exactly a small, obscure online operation.

@Judge

I just ended up creating a new Instagram account from scratch, that's how I ultimately solved the problem, everything has been fine since then...

@Judge

I just ended up creating a new Instagram account from scratch, that's how I ultimately solved the problem, everything has been fine since then...

Probably the simplest way to handle such a problem. Never hurts to be on the safe side anyways.

New Threads

Top Bottom