• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'M SO DONE!!!!

Horsegirl

I posted another thread when I found a note on my locker a couple weeks ago. I found out who that was.
But not the way I wanted to. I've been bodyslammed into a locker, kicked, tripped, etc.
I give up.
High school was so much fun before this.
I don't know why I'm even posting this, it's not like it matters anymore.
I will always be pushed around because there is only a select few people who don't hate me.
I give up.

I never even sleep anymore. I can't sleep because I'm terrified of what tomorrow will bring and I still am terrified of telling people about this.
I don't know what I did to deserve this!
I. AM. NEVER. MEAN. TO. ANYONE. EVER. SO. WHY. ARE. PEOPLE. SO. MEAN. TO. ME!?!?

I am so sorry to hear about this! Please don't give up. The world is full of idiots, especially in high-school but there are some good people out here too.

Horsegirl, I know exactly how you feel. The highschool years are very difficult. When I was in highschool I had similar issues, I was getting in a lot of fights (not winning them, lol), and went through the bullying phase. My misery and depression was profound. I got expelled by my sophmore year. i was ditching certain classes almost every single day, I'll never forget how I used to put my backpack by the trashcan near the door and half way through class I'd tell the teacher I need to go to the bathroom, so on the way out the door "to go to the bathroom" I'd just grab my backpack by the trashcan and get the heck out of there. I was so happy when I got expelled and I have no regrets about that because I was just done, like you said.

Are you sure you have to go? It's a long story, but, basically, by talking to a school counselor I did some off-campus school thing where I would be given work and then check in at some office each week to turn it in and get more. That's how I finished high-school.

I never even sleep anymore. I can't sleep because I'm terrified of what tomorrow will bring and I still am terrified of telling people about this.
I don't know what I did to deserve this!
I. AM. NEVER. MEAN. TO. ANYONE. EVER. SO. WHY. ARE. PEOPLE. SO. MEAN. TO. ME!?!?

It probably doesnt have anything to do with something you did. Teens can be very cruel, especially towards other teens that are "different" because they are seen as easy targets.

Are you sure you have to go? It's a long story, but, basically, by talking to a school counselor I did some off-campus school thing where I would be given work and then check in at some office each week to turn it in and get more. That's how I finished high-school.

I got my diploma the same way after getting expelled. This is definitely the way to go, public school is not a good environment for someone with autism IMO.

I'm only 13. I don't have enough control yet to do any of the things suggested

When I was 14, I was emailed a school counselor about how I was feeling (I was being bullied) and the school counselor put me in contact with a social worker who I saw every week for therapy, which gradually led to what I already described about not going to school. So do you mean you have to wait until 14? Because maybe 13 is too young, I have no direct knowledge that it isn't. Maybe I had to wait until I was 14 and didn't know it.

I just mean I have no idea how to access a school counsellors email, even if I did I'd be too scared.
And this would involve telling people. Which I have yet to do

Hi,

I understand how you feel. It feels like a nightmare, I have been there. Your goal should be to get out of there or get help as soon as possible. Talk to people about it.(teachers that you like, your parents or family.) they will most likely help you.

Employ all the help you can get, you need people who care about you to help you trough this portion of your life. It will get better! Stay hopefull but try and resolve your current situation. let me know if I can help in any other way.

Please don't say that, that would be a really big overreaction and I'm not doing that.
But I appreciate the thought.
Go and make police report in nearest police station i am not kidding!
I mean the person who suggested I notify police

Last edited:
Guess i have not seen your previous thread i assumed you get bullied in the school.

Just keep in mind if anyone someone does something physical against you its illegal regardless of their or your age, yeah teachers will say its normal etc because they don't want to deal with that or admit they have problem so they will try to cover up the problem, so you got to file with police.
Bullying can make rest of your life not worth living because you will be traumatized inside, this is why you already cannot sleep.

Hi @Horsegirl
Is there a counsellor resident in your school? We don't generally have such things in the UK, but they seem to be quite commonplace in US highschools. If you have one then one of your teachers should be able to point you in the right direction. You don't want to suffer in silence. Pick a teacher you feel you can have some trust in and ask them for help. Your welfare is part of their job, and if you ask for help they should provide it. If all you are asking is how to get in touch with a counsellor they can hardly refuse.

Guess i have not seen your previous thread i assumed you get bullied in the school.

Just keep in mind if anyone someone does something physical against you its illegal regardless of their or your age, yeah teachers will say its normal etc because they don't want to deal with that or admit they have problem so they will try to cover up the problem, so you got to file with police.
Bullying can make rest of your life not worth living because you will be traumatized inside, this is why you already cannot sleep.
I do get bullied in school. Amd I know it's not ok. But I still think getting police involved would just put unnecessary stress on me and others.
But I will try and notify the school

I do get bullied in school. Amd I know it's not ok. But I still think getting police involved would just put unnecessary stress on me and others.
One very nice old lady got sick and she did not want to stress out others with her problems she just waited for it to go away on its own, sadly she died from flu that could have been cured.

But I will try and notify the school
School will likely try cover the problem, but its worth a try, notify your parents about it they should be ones pressing school to take action.

Complain more to teachers also, this helps.

I wasn't aware of the other thread, but let me comment on this one. WARNING: this is going to sound mean, but I'm trying to help you where others refuse to do so because they're nice.

You're 13. I would be absolutely shocked if you possessed a problem that could not be solved by someone higher up in the power structure.

Now here's something I wish someone had taught me at that age: if you feel like there isn't a single adult in the entire world who gives a damn about your problems, you're right. Adults don't give a flying crap about teenager's social issues. But what to do?

This isn't just the case for teenagers, it seems to just be a fact of life. The sad fact is, you need to make them care. They don't care if you're upset. They don't care how you feel. Telling them that will accomplish nothing.

Because see, when it comes to your emotional well-being, nobody with the power to do something about has a dog in that race. They do not benefit for the great deal of effort it would take to live up to their promises of a safe learning environment.

No, you need to give them a reason to care. A reason that affects them. You seem intelligent, are you getting good grades? Stop that. Tank your grades. 13 is what...8th or 9th grade? Unless you're planning to go to Harvard it's really not going to matter if your A's turn into D's all of a sudden. But the adults will start asking questions about why your grades have dropped (especially the tests, do poorly on the tests), and that's when you can blame your academic struggles on the bullying.

I say the tests especially because unless it's changed since I was a kid a school's funding depends on getting high test scores. The average standardized test score goes down, the school loses some funding, and *bam* there's their dog in the fight. There's their reason to care.

But I'm really sorry this is all happening to you.

I wasn't aware of the other thread, but let me comment on this one. WARNING: this is going to sound mean, but I'm trying to help you where others refuse to do so because they're nice.

You're 13. I would be absolutely shocked if you possessed a problem that could not be solved by someone higher up in the power structure.

Now here's something I wish someone had taught me at that age: if you feel like there isn't a single adult in the entire world who gives a damn about your problems, you're right. Adults don't give a flying crap about teenager's social issues. But what to do?

This isn't just the case for teenagers, it seems to just be a fact of life. The sad fact is, you need to make them care. They don't care if you're upset. They don't care how you feel. Telling them that will accomplish nothing.

Because see, when it comes to your emotional well-being, nobody with the power to do something about has a dog in that race. They do not benefit for the great deal of effort it would take to live up to their promises of a safe learning environment.

No, you need to give them a reason to care. A reason that affects them. You seem intelligent, are you getting good grades? Stop that. Tank your grades. 13 is what...8th or 9th grade? Unless you're planning to go to Harvard it's really not going to matter if your A's turn into D's all of a sudden. But the adults will start asking questions about why your grades have dropped (especially the tests, do poorly on the tests), and that's when you can blame your academic struggles on the bullying.

I say the tests especially because unless it's changed since I was a kid a school's funding depends on getting high test scores. The average standardized test score goes down, the school loses some funding, and *bam* there's their dog in the fight. There's their reason to care.

But I'm really sorry this is all happening to you.
Thanks for this honest piece of advice. I know that my mom cares (maybe a little too much), but the rest of the adult world doesn't.
And my problems probably seem small and insignificant to you lot, but that's not how they feel to me.
I see what you mean about grades. But here's the thing about that:
I love school. Not the social aspect of it, but I enjoy learning.
The worst grade I have ever gotten is a C-. I am not going to change that just because some jerk doesn't like me.
And I do plan on going to university, I want to be a veterinarian so I need a degree in biology and probably in other areas too that I'm not sure about.
And I plan on being successful.
So I'm not going to purposefully have my grades slip.
Truly thanks for being so honest. But I think that your experiences were probably different than mine, and you probably didn't care about school as much as I do

Thanks for this honest piece of advice. I know that my mom cares (maybe a little too much), but the rest of the adult world doesn't.
And my problems probably seem small and insignificant to you lot, but that's not how they feel to me.
I see what you mean about grades. But here's the thing about that:
I love school. Not the social aspect of it, but I enjoy learning.
The worst grade I have ever gotten is a C-. I am not going to change that just because some jerk doesn't like me.
And I do plan on going to university, I want to be a veterinarian so I need a degree in biology and probably in other areas too that I'm not sure about.
And I plan on being successful.
So I'm not going to purposefully have my grades slip.
Truly thanks for being so honest. But I think that your experiences were probably different than mine, and you probably didn't care about school as much as I do

Assuming you're not being passive-aggressive, my school experience was very...non-traditional, so I don't actually know what high school is like. I wasn't necessarily talking about specifically, but about problem-solving in general.

I'm worried I wasn't communicating my main point effectively: people be default don't care about your problems, whatever they may be. But if you make them care, you can get people more powerful than yourself to solve the problem for you. It's like a "standing on the shoulders of giants" thing.

Oh, and I actually ended up going to one of the better schools in the country for veterinary science, as it would so happen. Prepare yourself: it's 4.0 with relevant electives or you might as well have majored in Philosophy. No pressure.

New Threads

Top Bottom