• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm new here. I'm a mother with a 4 year old boy who is level 3 autistic and nonverbal.

PinkyandtheB

I'm new here. I'm a mother with a 4 year old boy who is level 3 autistic and nonverbal. He is my whole world and I love him so much. I joined this forum because I wanted to meet autistic adults who can give me insight on what it's like living with this diagnosis. I don't know any autistic adults (that I know of) and I want to be aware of potential struggles or pitfalls or even joyful experiences that are uniquely autistic so that I can be best prepared to be his mom. Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all.

Hi @PinkyandtheB , welcome to the forum :) we are a mixed group, including a bunch of autistic adults ;) There are plenty of threads to read and chime in on, and you can always create your own to ask questions or just talk about your experiences.

Great you came to this forum for ideas. I homeschooled my daughter by 2nd grade. It was difficult to send my little warrior princess off to a school where she struggled with sensory issues, bullies. She finally went to a performing arts high school. She graduated this year from college, and is working a job.

Hello & welcome @PinkyandtheB.

I am an ASD1 dad with an ASD2 son (36) & ASD3 daughter (29). I have, at least, two ASD1s (32* & 25**) and children with mental illnesses without autism.

I have a blog on the topic,...

*Married, mother of two whom she is home-schooling.
**Got his Bachelor of Engineering degree two years ago and married last year.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, @PinkyandtheB. I hope that we can be supportive to you. Please let us know if you need any help figuring out the forum.

welcome_to_af.png

HI and Welcome @PinkyandtheB
I hope you find the support and connection you are looking for here.
Do have a search around the existing posts to see what there is specifically helpful to you. (The search function is not bad)

Welcome! I don't have experience with ASD3, I am just an ASD1 mother of two and it is nice to have more mothers here. Please share some stories of your son!

A lot of use are undiagnosed, quietly blend in. Keep in mind Albert Einstein refused to speak during his early years
when asked as an adult he stated he did not feel inclined to join any conversations? ss there was nothing worth talking about. In the lower grades my mother told me teach was told her I was retarded a year later I was some sort of genius she was very confused I remember thinking I know who I am. I read everything newspapers encyclopedias.
dictionaries. I settled down to being a bit brighter than average. Took years to see who I really was normal was not it.

Last edited:
Hello.

Two books which I've liked and which you may find useful if you haven't already read them are:

I'm new here. I'm a mother with a 4 year old boy who is level 3 autistic and nonverbal. He is my whole world and I love him so much. I joined this forum because I wanted to meet autistic adults who can give me insight on what it's like living with this diagnosis. I don't know any autistic adults (that I know of) and I want to be aware of potential struggles or pitfalls or even joyful experiences that are uniquely autistic so that I can be best prepared to be his mom. Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all.
Hi my name is Erin and I have a 2 year old daughter and I believe she is autistic could you please tell me how u found out ur child was autistic so I can try and see if her signs is maybe some of ur boys please and thank you!

New Threads

Top Bottom