• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm going to PC World or Maplin's later, looking for a camera for about £30 to 35.

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Going to a wrestling show tonight in Grimsby, England, and although I could take pictures and videos on my phone, I kind of need a new camera anyway for Comic Con and stuff.

I have a budget of around £30-35 for a good branded digital camera, I'd even buy a Sony if it had good reviews and came in my price range.

Can anyone recommend anything? Ideally I'm looking for at least 10 Megapixels, with 720 to 1080P movie recording and to fit up to a 64 Gig memory card.

Have you done any research yet Rich? If you had you’d see the cheapest digital camera they have in PCWorld is £74 more than twice your budget.

Have you done any research yet Rich? If you had you’d see the cheapest digital camera they have in PCWorld is £74 more than twice your budget.

I bought a camera from Argos for £30, 16 Megapixel, HD video recording.

Plus a pack of AAA Duracell batteries.

I bought a camera from Argos for £30, 16 Megapixel, HD video recording.

Plus a pack of AAA Duracell batteries.
Nice one, was it this one? If so it's looks good value for money and Vivitar is a reasonably good name:

Buy Vivitar S126 16MP 4x Zoom Compact Digital Camera - Blue at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Compact digital cameras, Cameras, Cameras and camcorders, Technology.

It's also available in pink if that was your thing, but I suspect you'd go for blue.

PS: I don't call Argos, "Argos", I call it "agros" instead, I started calling it this around 20 years ago before they had a computer ticketing system to purchase products and optionally reserve or pay for them beforehand. Back then you'd have to firstly queue up to pay for ages, then everyone would be at the pickup point fighting and pushing to get to the front at the same time, sometimes with rows of 3 people or more at busy times, very similar to a busy bar on a Saturday night, then if you finally managed to get the staff to check your receipt they often wouldn't have your item(s) brought down yet and you'd be forced to fight to get served yet again a little later, so I called the place "agros" for very good reason. It was a horrid experience for someone on the autistic spectrum and I used to hate shopping there so much that I went there as an absolute last resort. I'd often come out feeling very stressed and really wound up, especially when I'd often be standing there for ages watching people get served before me at the collection point when I'd been waiting a lot longer and the other thing that would really wind me up is people choosing and going through the catalogue at the payment till for ages, holding everyone else up, this would happen a lot more often in the old days because you couldn't even check whether your items were in stock until you reached the till and it was very common to be disappointed after already queuing up for a good while. At least it's somewhat better these days with their computerised system, but the "agros" nickname has still stuck lol!

Last edited:
Nice one, was it this one? If so it's looks good value for money and Vivitar is a reasonably good name:

Buy Vivitar S126 16MP 4x Zoom Compact Digital Camera - Blue at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Compact digital cameras, Cameras, Cameras and camcorders, Technology.

It's also available in pink if that was your thing, but I suspect you'd go for blue.

PS: I don't call Argos, "Argos", I call it "agros" instead, I started calling it this around 20 years ago before they had a computer ticketing system to purchase products and optionally reserve or pay for them beforehand. Back then you'd have to firstly queue up to pay for ages, then everyone would be at the pickup point fighting and pushing to get to the front at the same time, sometimes with rows of 3 people or more at busy times, very similar to a busy bar on a Saturday night, then if you finally managed to get the staff to check your receipt they often wouldn't have your item(s) brought down yet and you'd be forced to fight to get served yet again a little later, so I called the place "agros" for very good reason. It was a horrid experience for someone on the autistic spectrum and I used to hate shopping there so much that I went there as an absolute last resort. I'd often come out feeling very stressed and really wound up, especially when I'd often be standing there for ages watching people get served before me at the collection point when I'd been waiting a lot longer and the other thing that would really wind me up is people choosing and going through the catalogue at the payment till for ages, holding everyone else up, this would happen a lot more often in the old days because you couldn't even check whether your items were in stock until you reached the till and it was very common to be disappointed after already queuing up for a good while. At least it's somewhat better these days with their computerised system, but the "agros" nickname has still stuck lol!

Meh, I've shopped at Argos for over 30 years and never had a problem.

I bought the blue one. as it looked better than the pink one :D

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom