• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm ex directory and on Telephone Preference Service and still get sales calls!

Once they did that to me, said my computer was currently causing issues and they wanted to run a check and see. None of those callers are worth my time, but it could have been fun to call their bluff. Considering I have dialup the only way I could be verbally talking to them would be to have my computer disconnected.

I've had a couple of those some years back. Got so I'd taunt them by waiting for them to finish their spiel so I could tell them I'm a Linux user and not Microsoft. They'd hang up before I could. :p

So scary! I feel WAY more safe with my iPad tablet then when I used Microsoft computers.

How would I know ? It’s never happened. But virus happened on my Microsoft computers at least once a year.

If you live in the UK & if I recall correctly.. every time your number leaks or is given to a website that is untrustworthy in that those websites allowed your number to be sold/shared/stolen/hacked stealthily.. then you have to reapply for the Telephone Preference Service. So that the block list that applies to you is updated... hopefully..

Wow...just got a robocall on Sunday. That almost never happens. Oh well, most robocalls I get are immediately forwarded into telephone oblivion, courtesy of "Nomorobo". :)

Yet the pattern remains familiar. The closer you get to the income tax filing deadline in April the more scammers try to press unsuspecting victims by phone.

I suppose the assumption is purely psychological...that people are rattled with the stress of a deadline and dealing with personal finances...so one more problem might make them falter in some way.

But it won't be me. :cool:

Last edited:
Meh, I just Googled the TPS website, and clicked on the register link and it went to a 404 page.

Link.

Last edited:
The "Federal No-Call List" only “protects a number for 5 years,” and then one must register all over again.

Not any more...

"Registrations never expire. Once you add a number to the Do Not Call Registry, you do not need to register it again."

National Do Not Call Registry

(Not that it really matters these days.) :eek:

Last edited:
https://www.mpsonline.org.uk//invalid.html

404 page when you click "continue" to register, WTF is this?!

I'm using the latest version of Chrome browser on Chrome OS if that makes any difference.

Can't say I've noticed anyone posting access issues to that domain using Chrome. My systems also show it as a "safe" web link.

Could be a temporary backbone issue within the UK relative to your Internet provider. A server-side rather than a client-side concern. The kind all you can do it wait until resolved.

But if it persists into tomorrow or the next day it may be something else.

New Threads

Top Bottom