• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ignore is fantastic

I really like the ignore capability from my profile for the forums and also inside of chat.

Enables me to minimize distraction and hold an even keel of balance with no energy being exerted.

Thanks, K

I realize this was posted a long time ago but I've never understood what actually happens if you ignore for a specific person so I've never done it. There isn't anyone yet I'd actually want to ignore but if there were then what?

I realize this was posted a long time ago but I've never understood what actually happens if you ignore for a specific person so I've never done it. There isn't anyone yet I'd actually want to ignore but if there were then what?

It's called - find your bliss

ok so if you enable ignore for someone, then what happens? You never see what they post?
You don't see what they post, but the bliss is incomplete in that every once in a while, there will be a thread where you read all the posts, and find a tiny line that says something to the effect of "Do you want to display content by ignored member?", which reminds you that there are people you ignore.

And I think somebody once raised the issue that if a member you ignore started a thread, it would appear in the "New threads" section regardless, but I've never had that happen to me, so maybe that's no longer the case. There's really just 2 people that I avoid because they give me enormous anxiety and anger, though.

You don't see what they post, but the bliss is incomplete in that every once in a while, there will be a thread where you read all the posts, and find a tiny line that says something to the effect of "Do you want to display content by ignored member?", which reminds you that there are people you ignore.

And I think somebody once raised the issue that if a member you ignore started a thread, it would appear in the "New threads" section regardless, but I've never had that happen to me, so maybe that's no longer the case. There's really just 2 people that I avoid because they give me enormous anxiety and anger, though.

So I can say what I want? :)

Flying first is such a drag. ...
Yeah, but you're too drunk already to fly any closer to the front. You wouldn't know how to start the plane and how to put the key in the ignition.
I know there's no ignition on an aircraft. That's the joke. It's even a practical joke played on a lot of new staff on board planes.

Yeah, but you're too drunk already to fly any closer to the front. You wouldn't know how to start the plane and how to put the key in the ignition.
I know there's no ignition on an aircraft. That's the joke. It's even a practical joke played on a lot of new staff on board planes.

The staff there's been a crash..

Just trying to curebthe hiccups

I can't choose between funny and agree with this one XD

New Threads

Top Bottom