• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ignore is fantastic

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
I really like the ignore capability from my profile for the forums and also inside of chat.

Enables me to minimize distraction and hold an even keel of balance with no energy being exerted.

Thanks, K

No offense meant to anyone, but I feel that it's likely that a lot of people have put me on ignore already.
Part of why I'm choosing to keep a lower profile around here lately.

No offense meant to anyone, but I feel that it's likely that a lot of people have put me on ignore already.
Part of why I'm choosing to keep a lower profile around here lately.
I got ignored for telling a aspie lady I liked I was nice enough to accept her autism issues!:(
Didn't expect that!...we were getting along pretty good. Sigh!:(

I got ignored for telling a aspie lady I liked I was nice enough to accept her autism issues!:(
Didn't expect that!...we were getting along pretty good. Sigh!:(
Oh no, I'm sorry :( That's disheartening.
You worry too much you seem okay to me!
I don't know if it's because I have an anxiety disorder of if it's truth-based at all, but I'm starting to feel like I've overstayed my welcome and people are annoyed, sort of like what's happened to me on other sites.

I don't know if it's because I have an anxiety disorder of if it's truth-based at all, but I'm starting to feel like I've overstayed my welcome and people are annoyed, sort of like what's happened to me on other sites.
It is more common than you think Jet Weiss...us autistics get used to be rejected socially after awhile you just expect it whether it is there or not.
Just be nice and friendly and let the people sort them selves...stay away from the ones who don't get you... befriend the ones who stay around and seem nice.
It takes time to find the right person for a close friend.
Think of it as sifting for gems.

It is more common than you think Jet Weiss...us autistics get used to be rejected socially after awhile you just expect it whether it is there or not.
Just be nice and friendly and let the people sort them selves...stay away from the ones who don't get you... befriend the ones who stay around and seem nice.
It takes time to find the right person for a close friend.
Think of it as sifting for gems.
Thank you Maelstrom, you are very kind :)

Thank you Maelstrom, you are very kind :)
Its nothing!...been there myself many times myself, I understand!
Life beats us autistics down allot!
But one has to dust off as best they can and try again until they get it right or the clock runs out...what else can we do?

Taking allot of hits my self in life lately...but I am much better with people now than when I was your age, it is possible to learn to read people and charm them some over time.
Try maybe watching youtube Dating tips on how to read faces, and body language it, can help a little with people Jet.
Good luck in life :fourleaf:

I use it to calm the distractions so that my mind focuses the resources I have in a way that adds value to others.
Potato, tomato ;) I use it so I don't get upset or irritated, and can direct my attention towards more positive and/ or constructive matters.

Don't know how that could happen Jet, it takes some time to get to know people. Sometimes years. It won't all happen overnight. You don't annoy me.

I just thought you'd wandered off to learn Norwegian swear words...

(If you remember!)

New Threads

Top Bottom