• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could travel back in time...

Would you travel back in time if it were possible?

• Total voters

Major Tom

Searching for ground control...
V.I.P Member
I was wondering some things people would do and see if they could travel back in time.
For me, I would see a lot of musicians that have passed, or played at unique venues, like Pink Floyd Live in Pompeii.
I would also travel back to prehistoric times, because I have always been interested in dinosaurs. Just to name a couple of things off the top of my head.

Trojan War! Then later------to the era of Homer to hear him recite the Iliad!!!

No, I wouldn't, not in this life. I'm okay with my life as it is now and I believe after death I'll be able to see into the past so I'll just wait to do it then.

Hmmm.... I'd like to hear Fredrick Douglas and meet Calder, so going back would be nice. I'd really enjoy seeing places before cars. Pretty much anywhere. I'd like to see the Chesapeake Bay before Europeans. It would be really fun to see all the critters leading to humans. And that fish thing, Tiktaalik, that would be a fun thing to watch.
pf_tiktaalik.jpg

Hmmm.... I'd like to hear Fredrick Douglas and meet Calder, so going back would be nice. I'd really enjoy seeing places before cars. Pretty much anywhere. I'd like to see the Chesapeake Bay before Europeans. It would be really fun to see all the critters leading to humans. And that fish thing, Tiktaalik, that would be a fun thing to watch.
pf_tiktaalik.jpg
Native Alaskans catch a fish that they call the Tiktaalik in the winters on rivers, they look like eels. I wonder if they are related?
PS. Sorry for multi reply, first one wasn't formatted correctly.

Native Alaskans catch a fish that they call the Tiktaalik in the winters on rivers, they look like eels. I wonder if they are related?
PS. Sorry for multi reply, first one wasn't formatted correctly.
The fossil was found on Ellesmere Island and I think locals named it. Quite a long ways from Alaska and while the two may share an ancestor I kinda doubt the two are related, but there could be a linguistic link I suppose. Don't know, but that is interesting.

Id go back and tell younger me a list of mistakes ive made and the consequences that follow.:p Other than that id visit medieval England during the Viking invasions. I love Vikings!

I'd like to travel back to 2009 and buy loads of Bitcoin, they were literally only 0.3 cents each in March 2010 and in 2009 they were worth virtually nothing meaning I could have easily afforded a few million. They're now worth a massive $13403.00 per Bitcoin at the time of writing which would have made me one of the wealthiest people in the world.

I would go back about a hour ago. That was before I stubbed my toe, which is a black and blue now. I would try not to do that, it really hurt.

yes, i would. however, i will refuse to go any farther back than my ninth grade. and just going back there would have a massive, massive potential to change everything. i would have severe trouble, mentally, emotionally, ifd i choose to do this, so i would have think long and hard.

my preferred method is that, my mind and my personality goes back in time, and replaces the earlier Matthew. there are a number of strategic goals, most of which revolve around improving certain peoples lives, so that they have better lives, overall. i would finish school (not needed, but, it is my best interest to do so) and preempt some things in my life, and change others.

the latter two is critically important, as i have the potential to avoid years of trouble, with other people, and i get to keep my military experiance, i just have to come up with a different way to explain how i got it.

if it goes well, i will have more friends, be alone less often, actually finished school, and be generally better off. there is relatively little chance for things to get worse, short of blatant stupidity on my part.

eventually, i will "find" aspie central again, and all will be right again. i would likely join much earlier.

i may also consider the bitcoin thing. however, i wouldn't know when to sell. i would spend fifty dollars on it, though, what i get in return probably will give me a heart attack, but its all for the good of me and my family.

...yeah, i spent a lot of time and effort crafting this, just because i was bored. basically my goals are:

1. improve other peoples lives in however way i see fit (mandatory, first priority)
2. improve my life (optional, but helps a lot)
3. re-experience all the older technology again (many of them are, well, way old or too difficult to get again.)
4. Economic gain (considered to be bad form, but there if needed.)

Yes, go back with the list of mistakes I made and try to change them.

I would do a lot of jumping around from seeing dinosaurs,
how it really was in ancient Egypt and Babylonia.
How the pyramids were built, etc.

And if I could go back as far as possible...
see the creation of matter from black matter
and how the big bang happened.

This actually happened.

I always wished I stood up for myself more.
One day this weird guy showed up, claiming he was me saying
‘Stand up for yourself, stand up for yourself ‘
So I kicked his ass.

30 years later , when this younger version of me was beating me up, I remembered. Ah so it was me I beat up all those years ago.

And if I could go back as far as possible...
see the creation of matter from black matter
and how the big bang happened.
How would you survive and exist in a place without matter? Then if you did find a way how could you survive the big bang assuming there really was one? Nice thought though.

Time seems to be connected to space and some people believe that it's relative to the expanding universe. In theory time travel is possible, however if so there's the big question that asks why no-one from the future has ever come back to visit us now? Some people believe they already have, but I'm more sceptical. I think it's unlikely we will ever be able to individually travel back in time a significant amount under control, but I think changing the speed of passage of time within a controlled area is more likely to be possible and this effectively allows us to travel forward in time. They have allegedly already achieved this to the smallest fraction of a second that was only measurable on an atomic clock.

I have an unusual theory on time, what if everything in time is all happening at once? Perhaps people are conscious as I am typing this hundreds of years ago for instance? What if where we currently exist in time is only our perception? People occasionally report witnessing what are allegedly replays from the past, sometimes they're called "ghosts" that usually only last for a few seconds (I was once extremely privileged to witness such a rare replay of a women in an old fashioned mourning dress very clearly that others had reported at the location in the past), but on other occasions sounds from the past can also seem to break through, E.g. you might hear musket fire on an old battlefield or the mechanical draw bridge mechanism may even be recorded in an old medieval building even though the mechanism was totally removed many years before (I have heard such a recording at a place called Chingle Hall which I investigated many times in the 1990s), sometimes even smells seem to appear and just as quickly vanish. So what if these replays aren't replays at all, but are instead time breaking through as it happened in the past, caused by the energy created from extremely strong emotions, death or significant change? Just because it's difficult for us to understand doesn't mean it's not true and the whole way we think we understand time could be completely wrong.

Yes, I would, but not my physical self... I think I'd like to see into the past rather than go into the past, because there are too many dangers to send my physical self, both to myself and contamination to the environment. I'm very curious; I'd like to see the dinosaurs and other ancient creatures, ancient civilisations - how people lived and worked, how they built the pyramids, how they moved the stone figures on Easter island and Stone Henge, things like that interest me.

Yes, I would, but not my physical self... I think I'd like to see into the past rather than go into the past, because there are too many dangers to send my physical self, both to myself and contamination to the environment. I'm very curious; I'd like to see the dinosaurs and other ancient creatures, ancient civilisations - how people lived and worked, how they built the pyramids, how they moved the stone figures on Easter island and Stone Henge, things like that interest me.
Easter island in particular has always interested me, I've seen various theories on how the Moi were moved. One that I really kind of identify with is that they cut all the trees down and used them as rollers. Apparently though oral tradition states that the Moi "walked". This kind of nullifies the log roller theory. Here is a short video on how they theorize they were moved :

pf_tiktaalik.jpg
if you go to a place in Switzerland called wengen it is a car free village !there are quite a few places in Switzerland like that !it's the place where skiing started, also the Swiss Army knife .
I can recommend the pensions in that village and rail travel it's very pleasant .

if you go to a place in Switzerland called wengen it is a car free village !there are quite a few places in Switzerland like that !it's the place where skiing started, also the Swiss Army knife .
I can recommend the pensions in that village and rail travel it's very pleasant .
go in May or June to August if you want to avoid the ski season they have walking routes but take walking poles wengen is on a Mountain .

I would like to go back and learn first hand what the Egyptian hieroglyphs mean

I would like to go back to the ancient of days and learn form the Sumerians and anyone before them

I would like to experience the times pertaining to the story of Jesus

I would like to watch how they built the Pyrimids and know why

I would like to meet the builders of Stonehenge and Easter Island

I would like to go back and learn from Einstien and Tesla

I would like to go back in time and find me a genie in a botttle... and get my first 3 wishes - the 3rd always being 3 more wishes... : )

I would like to go back and learn first hand what the Egyptian hieroglyphs mean

I would like to go back to the ancient of days and learn form the Sumerians and anyone before them

I would like to experience the times pertaining to the story of Jesus

I would like to watch how they built the Pyrimids and know why

I would like to meet the builders of Stonehenge and Easter Island

I would like to go back and learn from Einstien and Tesla

I would like to go back in time and find me a genie in a botttle... and get my first 3 wishes - the 3rd always being 3 more wishes... : )

How about meeting zoroaster?

My first wish was to find all the other genies in the bottle worldwide.

But thanks for the tip, my genie bottle throwaway count is now reduced dramatically.

New Threads

Top Bottom