• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If I'm going to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has been going on on here lately??
This is not directed at any one specific person. This is a general statement about how I'm feeling and I can't speak for everyone.
People not being kind or civil to each other is very triggering for me, personally, and has led to me questioning whether I really want to participate on here very much anymore.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been feeling uncomfortable... In fact, I know I'm not.
There are only so many times I can report things before I start to feel like I'm being annoying or trying to overstep boundaries and do things that are not my job. But I have reported some things for the sake of just wanting this to be a peaceful, supportive place for myself and everyone else, and I would encourage everyone to report things that are upsetting, as tree has been encouraging me and some others to do.

I want to stay, because I desperately need the support, but it's terribly upsetting to me to see people argue or call names or be generally unkind to each other (that goes for people disrespecting moderators, too, of course. The mods here do an amazing job and it's not fair to them to keep making threads and posts that they probably have to watch like a hawk to make sure they're not turning into a conflict.)
I know this is just my personal feelings and my opinion, and it might not matter to everyone, but just thought I'd offer my two cents.

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
Cool, another post about me being the bad guy

Cool, don't care about these types of posts.

….Then why are you posting? Something tells me you do care, quite a bit. What the heck kinda responses were you expecting to get?

Not to mention you seemed to be dealing with me just fine before.

Regardless, my point stands: Ain’t much gonna change till you change your attitude, and that’s a fact.

Chill out and just assume that everyone here is autistic and that we are gonna screw up conversations, like, always. It doesn't mean we are angry or annoyed. It just means we're verbally clumsy and maybe overwhelmed. Or perhaps someone is asking for an emotion from one of us that we are unable to give or even understand, because of our autism.

Yes, thank you.

This, I think, needed to be said. I dont mean specifically to OP… I mean to everyone.

A lot of people on the spectrum, we just ain’t so good at the communication. Expect random friction and misperceptions.

Heck I get this one all the time, particularly IRL everyone thinks I sound really irritable or such all the time, even when I’m in a great mood. Not much I can do about it, aside from trying to figure out what I might have said incorrectly, and then trying to rephrase it.

A bit easier online, but… still happens a lot.

I am a jerk. Plain and simple.
I may have misread here. I read the title and post together and thought it was clever, saying: if I'm going to be honest I'm a jerk. Because we can often be seen as jerks because we ARE honest. That's why I 'liked' it.

I may have misread here. I read the title and post together and thought it was clever, saying: if I'm going to be honest I'm a jerk. Because we can often be seen as jerks because we ARE honest. That's why I 'liked' it.

No, it's not a statement about how telling the truth
can be a cause for people regarding you as a jerk.

It's flat out an attempt by the OP to claim that he
is "a jerk."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom