• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If I had a party

Ok thanks, cause I don't drink beer out of respect for my wife who asked me not to.

Thankfully my wife has never asked that of me. I don't drink in the week and I never get even remotely drunk, but I do like a tasty ale at the weekend to toast another working week successfully endured ;)

Nachos and gluten free cake. Open space either indoor or outdoor and gentle music please nothing too loud or rowdy .

Let's have a 2 room party then... Loud and rowdy on one side and chill-out in the other ;) any party worth the name needs a bit of metal and more than a splash of disco.

Scrabble, yahtzee, go fish, uno, simple things like that. Music where you can hear the space between the notes and not so loud you can't hear people talk. Simple food that is plain with cheese. Quiet spaces for sure. Smoke free area too.

If I were having a party and invited each of you, what request might you make?
A favorite appetizer? A favorite desert? Music? Games? Barbecue? Indoor or outdoor?
Covered dish? Alcohol? Punch? What do you want?

Booze and a quiet corner with pillows to sit in, on the floor and away from the action.

I don’t actually like parties (at all) and can’t really socialize in groups in real life but I like being included and nearby to other humans who I know and like.

I'll take the rowdy room.
Karaoke and dancing.
I can pretty much do my own thing without close interactions and talk with others when there's
loud music and singing. Plenty of Hot Dogs and raw veges w/dips. Fruit flavored San Pellagrino.
Halloween is my favourite. No one sees the real me then for sure.

I would love a Halloween themed party, Pats :D
Then you would have enjoyed the Halloween dinners I used to prepare. Each year I'd invite a family to dinner. My favorite year, I had invited my best friend and her family. I made meatballs look like spiders. The pasta I found looked like the top part of an ear so I also wrapped my head and ear. My friend made me take it off before she could eat. lol I accidently ran across the pasta - and had to go with that because a few weeks before I had made up a story and told her kids about a crazy lady who lived in a cave and anyone who went into the cave came out with no ears. Of course, with dinner, they were like "You're the crazy lady in the cave?"
But my favorite was my fried frogs skins, which were just wonton wrappers cut into the shape of a frog and lightly fried. Even my brother asked what was that really. And this was before Pinterest. lol

A very big room, much bigger than necessary, but with various seating and food serving locations.

I'm not a big party person but worse than a group of people is a group of people in close quarters.

A snug room at a pub is good, if you have one!

They're amazing. Just don't do the supposedly "authentic" Townsend's recipe that uses boiled ham. It needs proper sausage meat ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom