• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I wanted to say hello

Dragon's Tooth

Hi. I'm new here. I'm a 28 year old woman, married but with five fur babies instead of children at present (2 dogs, 3 cats). I only got my diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome a few months ago. It was a relief to have a name for what I felt was not right in me (not right by society's standards I don't think there is anything wrong with Asperger's. Its just a different genetic expression much like brown hair or blonde hair). But I feel like it has come too late the diagnosis and I don't know how to deal with it. I feel like I lose jobs, friends, everything because of this condition. My last job I was severely bullied until I had a mental break down by a manager for instance. I got into friendships expecting that I will eventually offend someone and cause the end of the relationship. I'm just lucky my husband is very understanding.

I'm turning to the internet because I don't know where else to turn and I need help. The real world doesn't seem to have a place for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom