• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to see if i could have some interesting insight/exchange from people with autism.

NB79

Hello.

So 10 years ago or something, i found some article i don't remember exactly, that talked about autism, the more i started reading about it, and reading other people experiences with it the more i started to think this was why all my life i felt 'unique' not just in a good way lets say because i had terrible pain in my heart from all the 'not fitting in' 'issue', in high school i would just sit alone in some area thinking i had a curse on me, so seeing this could just no be only me, it was interesting in the least, exciting, and gave me some little relief that i could relate to other people and maybe get some understanding and help.

Hi NB79,
Welcome!
I can totally relate to what you experienced in HS... I do think I am somewhere on the spectrum and came here to at least look into it and see if I can chat and communicate with other to gain insight... I wish you well on your discovery!

MLE

Hi NB79,
Welcome!
I can totally relate to what you experienced in HS... I do think I am somewhere on the spectrum and came here to at least look into it and see if I can chat and communicate with other to gain insight... I wish you well on your discovery!

MLE

A respected pshychiatrist in the capital told me when i brought up autism, 'that i am autistic in part' i don't know what that means, what i know is i can't express myself to people like others to the point that people would just let me in a corner without even acknowledging me and just ignore me like i am some kind of..., i don't know is infuriating sometimes, and i relate a lot with the experiences of people with aspergers.

A respected pshychiatrist in the capital told me when i brought up autism, 'that i am autistic in part' i don't know what that means, what i know is i can't express myself to people like others to the point that people would just let me in a corner without even acknowledging me and just ignore me like i am some kind of..., i don't know is infuriating sometimes, and i relate a lot with the experiences of people with aspergers.

With me, they couldn't put me in a corner... I wouldn't stay still... My Dr's found it difficult to diagnose me.. They just went down the list and medicated me for whatever they "thought" could be it... It never really helped... but, I got through it. and here I am... I think I can relate to people with Asperger... but for me, I'm still trying to figure myself out...

Not many(therapists) can perceive just autism without the forced pigeonhole set of laws for their diagnosis must be male a child ,stimming (self stimulation)rocking,non verbal,incontinent (forgetting the myriad reasons for being non verbal,incontinent.You have a different neurology

Not many(therapists) can perceive just autism without the forced pigeonhole set of laws for their diagnosis must be male a child ,stimming (self stimulation)rocking,non verbal,incontinent (forgetting the myriad reasons for being non verbal,incontinent,lack of eye contact.You have a different neurology.

I mean i developed a 'stone' face, i pass as serious and maybe smart sometimes, i can't make normal conversation with people, i just boils down to logic/facts/observations, you say this, i respond with this fact/logic/observation, if its something funny i laugh, if something makes me angry i get angry, but everything in between i am very 'stiff' i can read people emotion in their faces more or less, and detect sarcasm too a bit, but anyway i can't seem to connect with someone even trying hard.

I mean i developed a 'stone' face, i pass as serious and maybe smart sometimes, i can't make normal conversation with people, i just boils down to logic/facts/observations, you say this, i respond with this fact/logic/observation, if its something funny i laugh, if something makes me angry i get angry, but everything in between i am very 'stiff' i can read people emotion in their faces more or less, and detect sarcasm too a bit, but anyway i can't seem to connect with someone even trying hard.
You're different that's not a crime

Hi and welcome, I think you've come to the right place. Hang out and read some threads and tell us your ideas. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive. If this fits for you then that will help you find strategies, plus understand more around what's changeable and what isn't. It can be a relief to stop trying with some areas, I ve found.

:rabbit::seedling::goat::leafwind::spiralshell::herb::snowman:

Nothing to see here only autistic people & you should avoid them. As everyone does to me in my part of the world. Don't care. I suggest you read & watch videos on: Temple Grandin, Albert Einstein, Andy Warhol, Mark Rothko, Amadeus Mozart, Isaac Newton, Bill Gates, Emily Dickinson, Alan Turing, Charles Darwin, Courtney Love, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Tim Burton, Susan Boyle, Steve Jobs, Nikola Tesla, Stanley Kubrick, Bobby Fischer, James Joyce, Ludwig Wittgenstein, William Butler Yeats, Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, Lewis Carroll, Hans Christian Andersen, Dan Aykroyd, Daryl Hannah, & Satoshi Tajiri. AND do not forget the criminals & murderers, they are a fun lot. Another billion or so people. As I said, nothing to see here.

I mean between 'us', we should be able to cut some slack i guess and let the guard down a bit, and if we feel awkard and weird talking to each other, we just need patience and remember all those times NTs didn't understand us and 'see through' what the other person may be feeling, like putting ourselves in the other person shoes, and just let the awkardness be a bit.

I mean between 'us', we should be able to cut some slack i guess and let the guard down a bit, and if we feel awkard and weird talking to each other, we just need patience and remember all those times NTs didn't understand us and 'see through' what the other person may be feeling, like putting ourselves in the other person shoes, and just let the awkardness be a bit.

Just remember that some of those traits are annoying even to those of us who should know better, and not all can "see through" what the other person is feeling.

That said, yes please be yourself, especially when you need to be.

Just remember that some of those traits are annoying even to those of us who should know better, and not all can "see through" what the other person is feeling.

That said, yes please be yourself, especially when you need to be.

i mean putting yourself in the other person situation rather.
But if we are not being a horrible person, we should be able to have some patience with each other.
What i can't stand is not weirdness, but a bad person.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom