• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to save the world thread

Aussieaspie91

Hi all,

As many of you aware that I am environmentalism and ethical for humanity. In my position with many organisations here in Australia I am keen to save the world from disasters especially climate change, economical, warfare, welfare and other factors. I am seeking support from many aspies like minded people about this.

First of all here is a video of my public speech from last year regarding youth and climate change futures issues on potential disastrous mining development in a state forest which the habitat have listed over 35 threatened species, and its' surrounded by several fertile soil farms for food and water.

Mathew Townsend - Public speech for Leard SF Mining Campaign - YouTube

There is a speech script for HOH or deaf people in the description.

Looking forward to have some discussion with many of you about our futures.

To AussieAspie91: I like transcripts. I will definitely add them, below any future videos I may do in future. :) I have low confidence in my command of spoken English, as it is quite heavily accented in my opinion, and I may pepper it with Singapore/Chinese colloquial expressions. Better to be understood than to be mistaken :)

(Hence I do not have any real video, as of yet, and I guess only Ellipses and Mr_Alex have the honor of speaking to me face to face, haha)

We should also save our world because we cannot bring money after we pass on. We leave a better world for our children and their children.

No to mining. We oppose so not because it makes us economically backward or poorer, nor we are 'anti-development'. But it is always better to add the most value to our economy to our best efforts. Would you rather spend your money to fix the land after mining, or possibly use the money for socially useful research - like new ways to cure cancer, for example?

Also, sustainability also means fiscal responsibility. How can countries still have institutionalized corruption, maintain large expenditures in 'waste' (top on my mind: pork barrel spending/superhighways to no-man land for no purposes), and have ineffective 'privatized' companies (railways, water and electricity companies especially) which cheat people of their hard-earned money? This is not sustainable.

New Threads

Top Bottom