• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to move but I don't know how

Once you find the area in which you want to live, search for a place in the area you can afford. Then begin with a plan, save money, improve your credit rating, fix up your current place in anticipation of putting it up on the market.
Research the new area for employment, resources, utility prices, any ordinances that you aren’t familiar with....

I fantasize about moving elsewhere but doubt we will ever do it. Some of my daydreams include a beach condo on the Caribbean Sea in the Yucatan, an old hacienda in a safe part of Mexico, a stone cottage in Scotland or the UK, a stone cottage in the Shetlands with my own Shetland ponies, on a Greek Island with ancient olive and lemon trees. There's a pattern here - beaches and small, manageable house sizes.

I know what you mean, I want a small place too. About 600 sq ft would be just the right size for me and my little dog.
I’m trying to buy a little cabin in the alpine mountains, just waiting for some things to fall into place. Long story aka boring.

I think that I do...
  • Chop = work,
  • Sloth = laziness,
  • Broth = gravy = luxury.

That's exactly what I figured, except:

Chop = chop
Sloth = sloth
Broth = broth

Then I figured it must take a lot of chopping to make broth, and I didn't question that too much since I've never made broth. :)

Maybe I should google, "how to not take things literally" :eek:

Growing up I lived in the same place since I was 7. My dad still lives there. Then when I was 22, bought my first house. I stayed there for 17 years, loved the house and still miss it sometimes, but over half those years I couldn't stand the neighborhood it had turned into. By then, the housing crisis happened, I was poor, and I didn't think I could ever move, at least until my daughter turned 18. Well I finally just took a leap and did it. Not without some struggles but I'm 42 now and at a much better house and property now.

My family has moved a lot, well over 10 times at least after I was born. We moved mostly just up and down the country from different houses all depending on what was avalible, from the south to the coastal north. I've lived most of my life up here in the north and it's been alright until now.
We recently bought our first house and even though actually owning a place is nice I can't help but hate this place. I don't like it at all and I have no connection to it or the people who live here. There is nothing here for me, it's so empty for me. It's right on the coast and it's just flatlands, there is just farms and roads here, there is no forests or mountains, just some evergreen patches here and there and some small hills so it's almost like living in a desert. A desert where it's constantly windy and the weather is either rain, snow or hail 80% of the year.

I look at pictures and maps from the places I've lived when we lived further south and I get this warm homely feeling, seeing the nature there makes me really happy, like I just want to pack my bags and travel down there.
I want to move back, I don't want to live in this place because I have nothing here, I want to live there but I don't know how I should go about, neither do I really know if there even is a place for me to live. I don't want to live in the city or rent a tiny appartment, I'd pick an old run down house far away over a city appartment. Maybe I could even live in my truck :p

I'm not particulary looking for advice by the way, I just needed to get it off my chest and maybe start conversations

You remind me of my husband. He moved to my country which has no connection to him, and uses foreign languages that he feels isolated, depressed, and anxious, daily. I feel too guilty that maybe I made a wrong decision. But I cannot make a big decision together (moving again) without his input (but he's unable to help make the decision too).

It must be so _______ (insert whatever negative feelings you have here) to be in a place that we feel we don't belong to, or not used to, or ___________ (insert whatever reason).

Any tips to help?

New Threads

Top Bottom