• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to move but I don't know how

Cinco

My family has moved a lot, well over 10 times at least after I was born. We moved mostly just up and down the country from different houses all depending on what was avalible, from the south to the coastal north. I've lived most of my life up here in the north and it's been alright until now.
We recently bought our first house and even though actually owning a place is nice I can't help but hate this place. I don't like it at all and I have no connection to it or the people who live here. There is nothing here for me, it's so empty for me. It's right on the coast and it's just flatlands, there is just farms and roads here, there is no forests or mountains, just some evergreen patches here and there and some small hills so it's almost like living in a desert. A desert where it's constantly windy and the weather is either rain, snow or hail 80% of the year.

I look at pictures and maps from the places I've lived when we lived further south and I get this warm homely feeling, seeing the nature there makes me really happy, like I just want to pack my bags and travel down there.
I want to move back, I don't want to live in this place because I have nothing here, I want to live there but I don't know how I should go about, neither do I really know if there even is a place for me to live. I don't want to live in the city or rent a tiny appartment, I'd pick an old run down house far away over a city appartment. Maybe I could even live in my truck :p

I'm not particulary looking for advice by the way, I just needed to get it off my chest and maybe start conversations

If you're not looking for insights/advice, and want to start conversations,
what is it you want to start a conversation about, if not the subject by
which you have titled the thread?

There are some websites I like to visit and daydream about moving. Www.zillow.com is my favorite. You enter in a city or zip code and look at homes that are for rent or for sale and also they list condos and apartments.
After looking at the places listed for two hours I sometimes decide I’m happy where I am. Or I might find a place to buy!

I can relate to how you feel. My heart is not where I live now, and I wish I could move back to a place where I feel like I belong.

Where we live is more important for us on the spectrum I think than for NTs. It’s not possible to ignore constant construction or traffic noise, obnoxious odors or noisy kids.

I, too, can relate. :oops:
I live in a town on the north coast and there's no reason to; only that there was a flat (apartment) to rent here. There's too many people and noise all year round, too much crime, and it's far too busy in the summer. And it's too flat here too! :sob:
I want to be out near the west coast, away from the towns and the summer crowds, where the beaches are clean and quiet, and the surfing and fishing is good. :surfer:
I would even live in the mountains now I am building electric bikes. :bicyclist::tiger:

My family never moved except when I was too young to remember, and I always fantasized about moving.

Opposite! :eek:

AHH I'm so proud of myself.
I didn't understand it still, felt dumb, thought about what to say, tried harder instead, then understood.
I win.
:)
Yay! :D

I didn't mean to sound so harsh. You see, I raise my child on a very small disability pension. We live in a slum. I was sympathizing with you about how difficult it is to move. But I guess the tone of voice I implied was lost to text.

I'm sorry.

You didnt sound harsh. Don't worry about my sidetrack,it wasn't related tour post. Apart from the word adage which sent me down a rabbit hole.

When I wanted to move, I moved... now I want to stay where I am but need to change career because academia requires moving around every few years.

I can relate, I want to move from where I am too.
I want to be out of town, with enough land to do what we want to do.
We are very creative, innovative, horticulturally and naturey peeps who could do a lot with a bit more space. Plus my.neighbors are not people I feel at all comfortable living close too. Lots of loud and abusive shouting and screaming, drug and alcohol use, and quite racist people living around us. I used to practise my music (I am a singer/songwriter) but don't like to draw attention to us, so I stopped. I used to practice lots and it.made me happy. Now I just do lot's of therapy and I started painting instead, it's so much quieter so less attention drawing.

OMG AHHHH HOW DO YOU DO THIS LOL:mad::confused::cool::eek::eek::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:;):mad::);):cool::p It's like when you don't know the answer so you put both at different times to make sure you get at least one right. :confused::p:eek::D:):mad:o_O

As Tim Willow once said "Don't make sense,make sausages."

I had a few old adages in mind and as crossbreed has noted there is a sort of meaning to it.
My bet (and you have to do this!) if you say it with authority and in context, people will agree with you.
It is one of those things that you sort of understand without understanding.

I always try to imagine phrases that could have made sense to exist in a different world - different sayings in different languages is always interesting - so it's a similar kind of thing.

Don't make sense make sausages was another one. A silly phrase I tried to imagine a story that would make it sensible :)

New Threads

Top Bottom