• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to invite my neurotypical therapist

so yeah, i was just wondering if you would mind that or if you dont like that

Do you mean, suggest registering as a member here?

Inviting them to do that?

That would be OK.

Or they might want to visit, without registering as a member.
Just to become more familiar with a variety of neurodiverse personalities.

Usually therapists, social workers, doctors, etc, don't fraternize with patients outside of the office. I used to live on the same street as my psychologist. We would wave hi on the street, or say hello in the grocery store. But other than that, we did not talk or hang out.

Please don't be offended if they decline your offer. They may check out the site, just to see what it's about, as a resource for other clients. But they will most likely say "no", due to privacy and legality issues.

Usually therapists, social workers, doctors, etc, don't fraternize with patients outside of the office. I used to live on the same street as my psychologist. We would wave hi on the street, or say hello in the grocery store. But other than that, we did not talk or hang out.

Please don't be offended if they decline your offer. They may check out the site, just to see what it's about, as a resource for other clients. But they will most likely say "no", due to privacy and legality issues.
okay!

I did write to the autism support services in Australia and recommend that they list this forum as a resource for adult support. Almost all support services in Australia are aimed at parents of autistic children, there is very little on offer for adults.

This forum is by far the best adult support service I have found.

Letting the doctor see this forum might be interesting. I think it's nice of you that you want to share, but @Yeshuasdaughter is right that most doctors don't like to fraternize outside of office hours.

New Threads

Top Bottom