• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want my autism removed

I think the depression can be managed in the long run. Either antidepressants or therapy. I get a lot of my depression from the struggles I have from being on the spectrum, & how I was socially ostracized & bullied in the most formative parts of my life. It's something I work on daily. Even today I feel the depression creeping back up on me. When that happens, however, I have to tell myself that I am a valued person worthy of being loved by others. Sometimes that works, sometimes I admit it doesn't. Most days I'm indifferent about being on the spectrum, but somedays, I get it; its hard...

Everyone is worthy of being loved....except serial killers and molesters imo

I gave you a funny, but seriously, you will be loved one day.

It was meant to be funny, but not because it's not true. I'm old enough to know that being loved won't be part of my experience in life. There are lots of things that people will never experience just by the virtue of being alive. I experience many things that those who can fall in and out of love, seemingly, at will never will too.

It was meant to be funny, but not because it's not true. I'm old enough to know that being loved won't be part of my experience in life. There are lots of things that people will never experience just by the virtue of being alive. I experience many things that those who can fall in and out of love, seemingly, at will never will too.

Your profile says you are 39. That's not "old." You will find love one day. I think with us aspies one of the things that people don't get is you have to seek the love a little bit. I'm not a love-seeker. I'm okay with not having a partner at 22, and don't think I would want one. Although, since coming out as a lesbian, I have reconsidered that maybe in my 30s or 40s I will start looking.

Going to public places and getting yourself out there (not in Bars or Tinder) is the best way to find dates. Do what feels comfortable to you. You are a male, so I assume you seek out sex as well as love, but you should know women, like men, who seek sex early on (first date) will likely not want to see you again. If you are shy let the woman (or man if you are gay) romance you. It will take off some of the pressure.

Don't settle for the first person who finds you attractive, don't openly discuss marriage and children with a new-ish partner. Don't jump into things. Don't be deterred by dating a partner who is slightly younger or older than you, or one you find plain or "out-of-your-league." Get to know him/her as a person if you want love rather than a one-night stand. Be upfront about AS. And if someone mocks your Asperger's or nuances due to the Asperger's in a non-gentle-teasing way, RUN.

Your profile says you are 39. That's not "old." You will find love one day. I think with us aspies one of the things that people don't get is you have to seek the love a little bit. I'm not a love-seeker. I'm okay with not having a partner at 22, and don't think I would want one. Although, since coming out as a lesbian, I have reconsidered that maybe in my 30s or 40s I will start looking.

Going to public places and getting yourself out there (not in Bars or Tinder) is the best way to find dates. Do what feels comfortable to you. You are a male, so I assume you seek out sex as well as love, but you should know women, like men, who seek sex early on (first date) will likely not want to see you again. If you are shy let the woman (or man if you are gay) romance you. It will take off some of the pressure.

Don't settle for the first person who finds you attractive, don't openly discuss marriage and children with a new-ish partner. Don't jump into things. Don't be deterred by dating a partner who is slightly younger or older than you, or one you find plain or "out-of-your-league." Get to know him/her as a person if you want love rather than a one-night stand. Be upfront about AS. And if someone mocks your Asperger's or nuances due to the Asperger's in a non-gentle-teasing way, RUN.

We may be talking about different things. I mean I already have a kid. I am not talking about sex at all. Sex is rather simple and easy to understand. I'm not heavily motivated by it anymore.

Love on the other hand I wouldn't know where to start. I can develop a reciprocated fixation on another person, but never something that could be defined as love by the rather broad application of the word. I would guess that there are a lot of people here who have never experienced it.

It won't make you NT. It won't give you their skills or coping strategies. They are also learned.

I know what you mean. There's quite a few things I'd like 'removed' ... the ups and downs, the co-morbidities of social anxiety and prone to depression (had quite a few major periods of depression and been on meds quite a lot. Now I'm clear of them I hate the way they make me feel).

I'd like to be able to understand the world/people and be able to relate/understand these strange NTs ... I really just can't get it. Like I've said in other posts, it's like I'm standing outside the world enclosed in a large glass bubble and I'm sort of peeking through the glass, tapping with my fingers, trying to understand it - being separate yet part of it.

Feeling like I'm some sort of alien that's just been beamed down to this planet and wondering wtf is going on.

It's mainly feeling the anxiety a pretty large part of the time I'd like removed.

Autism is based on how your brain and central nervous system was built when you were still developing in utero. There is no such thing as getting rid of it.

Why should I believe this? How do you know it isn't something that develops after someone is born?

New Threads

Top Bottom