• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think my house is haunted!!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I have an app on my phone that makes use of the sensors in it to pick up EMF readings as well as spoken words, and after a session that ended VERY quickly for obvious reasons, we came up with these words:

NAME
JASON
CENTURY
WORRY

Before all this, Maddog had awoken to call me downstairs, but something was off. As i came down the stairs, i asked " Did you call me, Sir?". That's when he told me that a spirit/ghost/phantom or some kind of apparition that looked like me came downstairs BEFORE I DID and ASKED THAT SAME QUESTION IN THOSE EXACT WORDS.

After the EMF session, he then began to play a game online with his friend RuneDragon, then suddenly said, in a low voice to me: "I just saw your doppelganger over *there*" he said, pointing to the doorway near the downstairs bathroom.

Somebody please tell me what i should do!

AGXStarseed? SusanLR? Anyone else with spiritual knowledge? Please cAN SOMEONE HELP ME

Yeah. Breath first. Sounds like Maddogs messing with you. And ghosts are not real.
Relax. Breath. Slow breaths.

Sounds like a hypnagogic hallucination to me! :eek:

Probably not. After all, a hypnogogic hallucination can occur when one is usually in bed going into REM sleep. Conversely, a hypnopompic hallucination can occur in bed when one is coming out of REM sleep.

So most likely the question appears to be whether or not "Maddog" was asleep or coming out of a deep sleep when he had the first experience. However that would not explain the nature of his his second observation/experience while being awake and alert.

To the OP, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. Unless in the event you both observe the same thing at the same time, then that's something to really think about.

I wouldn't rely on a phone app for things like EMF detection. When done with an app on a cellphone, it's not entirely accurate because it will pick up the magnetic field the phone itself emanates as well as the earth's magnetic field.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t trust the app on your phone. It sounds hokey.

Re: the doppelgänger: so he saw a doppelgänger of you…and then started playing a game online. Then he sat there and told you in a low voice that he saw your doppelgänger across the room again. Neither of his reactions strike me as believable. I think he was messing with you. No one would sit calmly on a couch playing games after experiencing such extreme paranormal activity.

Probably not. After all, a hypnogogic hallucination can occur when one is usually in bed going into REM sleep. Conversely, a hypnopompic hallucination can occur in bed when one is coming out of REM sleep.

So most likely the question appears to be whether or not "Maddog" was asleep or coming out of a deep sleep when he had the first experience. However that would not explain the nature of his his second observation/experience while being awake and alert.

To the OP, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. Unless in the event you both observe the same thing at the same time, then that's something to really think about.

I wouldn't rely on a phone app for things like EMF detection. When done with an app on a cellphone, it's not entirely accurate because it will pick up the magnetic field the phone itself emanates as well as the earth's magnetic field.

Fino was right - it is spelled hypnagogic, not hypnogogic. But I had never heard of the other kind - hypnopompic hallucinations. I’ve had a few of those but never the hypnagogic kind. I wonder which is more common.

Fino was right - it is spelled hypnagogic, not hypnogogic. But I had never heard of the other kind - hypnopompic hallucinations. I’ve had a few of those but never the hypnagogic kind. I wonder which is more common.

It's not a spelling distinction I was making.

It was that it's unlikely to have been hypnapompic as it sounded like Maddog had awoken or was in the process of awaking when he had such an experience. That would be a hypnogogic hallucination. Which seems much more likely given the original post.

It's not a spelling distinction I was making.

It was that it's unlikely to have been hypnapompic as it sounded like Maddog had awoken or was in the process of awaking when he had such an experience. That would be a hypnopompic hallucination.

Oh, before you edited your post you wrote “you mean hypnogogic.” I was just pointing out that Fino’s spelling was in fact correct.

Oh, before you edited your post you wrote “you mean hypnogogic.” I was just pointing out that Fino’s spelling was in fact correct.

LOL...I got that the first time. ;)

Interesting though that the opposite of a hypnagogic hallucination is in fact spelled hypnopompic hallucination. So it's easy to misspell either one of them...not particularly common terms you hear all the time.

I guess ultimately it depends on exactly what "Maddog" can recall...as to whether he was going into a deep sleep or coming out of one before he contacted Uber Scout. Though either way, such an experience can seem quite real while it's happening.

I've had a few hypnopompic hallucinations before. They can indeed seem quite vivid. But it's just a weird and abrupt reaction to coming out of REM sleep and back into full consciousness.

As for the "doppelgänger", no comment. You may be right about that one. And to ditch the app. Get something like a Mel-Meter built to industrial specs when it comes to a digital temperature readings and an EMF detector.

Last edited:
LOL...I got that the first time. ;)

Interesting though that the opposite of a hypnagogic hallucination is in fact spelled hypnopompic hallucination. So it's easy to misspell either one of them...

I guess ultimately it depends on exactly what "Maddog" can recall...as to whether he was going into a deep sleep or coming out of one before he contacted UberScout. Though such an experience can seem quite real while it's happening.

I’m thinking we need more details from Uberscout. He said Maddog woke up and called to him, so if Maddog was awake/conscious enough to do that, that would mean that he wasn’t dreaming and that it wasn’t a hypnopompic hallucination. Or what do you think? Seems much more likely that Maddog was pulling his leg. Too many holes in the story.

I’m thinking we need more details from Uberscout. He said Maddog woke up and called to him, so if Maddog was awake/conscious enough to do that, that would mean that he wasn’t dreaming and that it wasn’t a hypnopompic hallucination. Or what do you think? Seems much more likely that Maddog was pulling his leg. Too many holes in the story.

Yes. Uberscout needs to have Maddog recount what happened in chronological order before jumping to any immediate conclusions.

Sounds more like Maddog was messing with him, than it does that it was a hallucination, or any type of spirit.

I think I do get hypnagogic hallucinations when I'm falling asleep though. I never thought of them as hallucinations, just my eyes playing tricks on me, but that kind of makes sense. That's kind of what a hallucination is. Lol. And I have an overactive, highly visual imagination that is prone to conjuring images of all things creepy and spooky. Especially in the dark, since I'm afraid of the dark.
Are these types of hallucinations ever comorbids with having seizures, or with sleep disorders?

Make friends with the ghost. Ask the ghost, "what's your name?" , "how long have you been dead?" "do you worry ?" "are you single?" "what's it like being dead?" "are you grateful?"

First of all, there is not such thing as a phone app that can detect ghosts.

Not true. I ran into this disgusting blob at my local supermarket.
iu

I have an app on my phone that makes use of the sensors in it to pick up EMF readings as well as spoken words, and after a session that ended VERY quickly for obvious reasons, we came up with these words:

NAME
JASON
CENTURY
WORRY

Before all this, Maddog had awoken to call me downstairs, but something was off. As i came down the stairs, i asked " Did you call me, Sir?". That's when he told me that a spirit/ghost/phantom or some kind of apparition that looked like me came downstairs BEFORE I DID and ASKED THAT SAME QUESTION IN THOSE EXACT WORDS.

After the EMF session, he then began to play a game online with his friend RuneDragon, then suddenly said, in a low voice to me: "I just saw your doppelganger over *there*" he said, pointing to the doorway near the downstairs bathroom.

AGXStarseed? SusanLR? Anyone else with spiritual knowledge? Please cAN SOMEONE HELP ME

NO app on any phone is able to detect any of this matters so first remove said app

Then try to calm down you're NOT haunted

You can buy a cheap EMF detector on Ebay for $20. I wouldn't trust anything that's smartphone based. After you get the detector, flip the main circuit breaker off then walk around and see if anything has a strong EMF signal that shouldn't, like a piece of furniture. Antique furniture can have ghosts attached to it sometimes, but even newer furniture can too.

NAME
JASON
CENTURY
WORRY

It could be a vision as maddog is according to you very alpha he's only interested in controlling what to be aware of cold spots wherever you are where there is no draft thats negative spirits ,start to pray for a hedge of protection around your home those exact words ,I've heard angels are then assigned to you!

Reg this subject

Even the reel experts with reel knowledge and with VERY expensive
and complicated equipment who has indeed managed to prove that there are indeed things within this that do occur can't really explain many of the phenomen within this field.

So yes there are indeed things within this universe that are indeed unexplained

BUT what we also have to accept and understand is that within this the majority of hauntings etc... Occur to those with the capability or has the " gift " & are willing to be able to feel and since these things that there is another dimension so to say and the spirit world etc....

In general, the spirit worlds keep clear from those that do not.

Our own mind is in a huge part still an unexplored area in itself. So, in so many of this phenomen is suspected to come from our own brain and unknown capabilities. & Many of the poltergeist = haunted have been proven to be some kind of hoaxesd. But NOT all mind you

Poltergeist - Wikipedia

All this said i again say most probably NO you're not haunted and more that your mind is playing tricks on you with these illusions of being haunted.

Are these types of hallucinations ever comorbids with having seizures, or with sleep disorders?

Quite possibly.

"Hypnagogic hallucinations are a common symptom of narcolepsy, but they also occur in people who don’t have narcolepsy. In fact, one study found that 37% of people report experiencing hallucinations as they fall asleep."

"Although hypnagogic hallucinations share some similarities with the hallucinations that people with schizophrenia experience, there are some key distinguishing characteristics. Hypnagogic hallucinations are much more likely to be visual, while schizophrenic hallucinations are predominantly auditory."

What Are Waking Dreams? | Sleep Foundation

.......Oh my god. I just figured out whats happening. I never mentioned this, but Maddog has a nasty habit of waking someone up out of bed. A lot. And during the night, through the early morning.

It's not that my house is haunted... I'm LITERALLY going mad because I haven't gotten enough sleep!!

New Threads

Top Bottom