• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers_Aspie

I hurriedly left a starbucks today. A person sat at a nearby table and was constantly coughing, even if it wasn't covid, I don't think someone should be in a cafe with a cold. I don't want to catch a cold! Unless going somewhere essential I don't think someone should leave their home if they have a cold!

It's disturbing what people think is acceptable. We just can move further away or exit store.

Yes I don't sit in at cafés yet. Too soon. Lots of (unvaccinated) children and adults in them with no masks. Bound to be plenty of covid and other germs in there as there's still plenty circulating, whether someone's coughing or not. Grab Yr coffee and go. Or better still, make delicious coffee at home.

They could have a non-contagious chronic cough as well. It would suck to have such a condition and be shunned or unable to participate in society because everyone thinks you're contagious and rude for being outside.

I'm giving another branch of Starbucks a go. Two people stood so close to me, behind me, I don't know why. For one thing no social distancing and it was invading my personal space, the branch isn't busy so they they didn't need to. I was contemplating asking the staff to ask them to move.

After the first wave the stores where I am opened but were asking folk to que outside and then they were letting in just a few people at a time. So I went to a local fabric store and got in line outside. The people in line were not wearing masks and they stood toe to heel. One women kept trying to usurp my place in line by standing next to me with her leg across my path. I left very quickly. I haven't been back to that store and I may never go again. Such rudeness!

I've been sneezing a lot lately, with runny nose and itchy eyes. I hate to think what people might think when they see me having a sneezing fit, even with my mask on. Fortunately the allergy pills I've been taking have helped a lot there.

When my coworkers and I line up to get our assignments at work, I try to keep a distance, but sometimes the others stand way too close to me and it makes me so uncomfortable. This was an issue even before the pandemic, but you'd think people would be more considerate of personal space now.

I think the last time I was desperate to leave a Starbucks was because of all the noise, but I had to stay because I was waiting for my drink.

In a Starbucks today, the person asked me if I wanted milk, I ordered a peppermint tea. I've never heard of anyone adding milk to peppermint tea.

In a Starbucks today, the person asked me if I wanted milk, I ordered a peppermint tea. I've never heard of anyone adding milk to peppermint tea.

Doesn't appeal to me either. Though apparently there are those who disagree. Go figure...

"While some herbal teas do not pair well with milk, peppermint, rooibos, and chamomile are excellent options to pair with milk. Peppermint tea is especially significant to pair with coconut or almond milk, while rooibos and chamomile can be served with any type of milk."

The Definitive Rules For Putting Milk In Tea

I would like coffee chains including Starbucks to have consistency. I was in a Starbucks today and straight away was asked for my name for the order. Later another Starbucks asked the same. I said I had never been asked this before on other occasions at some Starbucks. As I hadn't as far as I could remember even in different cities and towns. I asked if I could give a false name, they answered yes, so I gave a false name. Another employee said it's and old custom and some branches may not bother asking, but it was policy for this branch. Curious I was in this branch two weeks ago and wasn't asked this. And now they are asking for people's names but not for the order, no consistency confuses me.

Would others be annoyed by this behaviour?
I'm doing my best to try and not leave and enjoy my tea, I'm in a cafe but at a table to my left, from the corner of my eye one of the two people keeps moving their legs from extended out to pulling them back in. It's not usual so I don't know why the person is doing it but it makes me very stressed.

Discomfort, probably.

If I had to guess, it sounds like lower back issues. Which can be exacerbated by a bad chair of any sort. So you end up changing positions constantly to try to get to a state where it doesnt hurt so much, and so you dont get any more stiff than you already are (which just makes the pain that much worse).

Discomfort, probably.

If I had to guess, it sounds like lower back issues. Which can be exacerbated by a bad chair of any sort. So you end up changing positions constantly to try to get to a state where it doesnt hurt so much, and so you dont get any more stiff than you already are (which just makes the pain that much worse).

I agree. I do that with my legs when my sciatic nerve has a spasim.

The heart is not capable of pumping blood back up the legs, your veins have a series of valves when your muscles flex they move the blood back to your heart that is why if you sit for a while it is recommended getting up and walking around a bit to avoid blood clots.

Some people trying to wind people up aside. Simply noise-wise, the sound of a drinks making container being banged by staff can be a bit stressful or distracting or the noise of people who move wooden chairs on a hard floor a lot. Not everyone can wear ear plugs the sensation can be unpleasant.

With Pret since the hot drinks are served in the same cups anyway for a customer sitting in or taking away, why do staff ask if I am sitting in.

I am in a Starbucks just now and I am about to point out to the staff that a customer has their shoe on a chair, anything could be on his shoe!

I am in a Starbucks just now and I am about to point out to the staff that a customer has their shoe on a chair, anything could be on his shoe!

I keep wondering why in the world you care about things like this. If someone else does that… at a different table that isnt yours… okay? Does it even matter? I mean for all you know any customer could have jammed their hands in a freaking toilet before they came to the restaurant and then touched the tables (and everything else) and you’d never know about it. The disturbing thing is that many of them genuinely do have ultra-dirty hands… you just never see it.

The staff will deal with it as they see fit. That’s up to them and not your concern. What YOU need to do is simply use common sense in terms of avoiding germs and such, in public places. Wash your hands immediately before eating, try not to touch door handles right before touching food, perhaps bring anti-bacterial wet wipes with you and quickly sweep your table with one when you sit down.

Stop concerning yourself with every tiny little thing that others do…. Others who you cannot control. It always seems like you’re actively going out of your way to get offended by stuff, and that’s not exactly good for you… that’s a road to pointless stress and anxiety that serves no purpose and has no logical root.

New Threads

Top Bottom