• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking at that, I just realized something about these articles you keep obsessing over:

This is written REALLY badly. It's... it's just a series of quotes. That's... not how you report news. Not exactly what I'd call professional-level writing. I mean I could do better than this with a literal time limit of like 5 minutes.

I wouldnt trust this to be accurate AT ALL, because it probably isnt. Gonna take a wild, craaaaaazy guess and say that there's a few misquotes in here... call it a hunch.

You REALLY need to stop gluing yourself to these accursed articles. It aint healthy, and causing addiction is the entire bloody point... which so far seems to be working.

I`m sad too, my last three energy bills put together was a whopping $2045. I sort of want to cry, I could have saved most of that money for something else. And there is no end in sight, the next bill will be huge too. Last year the same three bills cost me $300. I want whoever is responsible for this to pay for what they have done to people.

Yes, it is a complete disgrace the way the average person keeps taking the brunt of world pressures, created by the weathy, whom remain insulated from their actions due to that wealth. Sorry, that is my last political comment!

Okay seriously WHY do you keep focusing on this nonsense?

This aint even news! It's barely even a story! All it is, is a fairly basic interaction. A bit odd, perhaps, and maybe mildly annoying for the customer, but... that's all. It's not even worth reading (heck it's not worth a writer's time to write about it), let alone focusing on.

Seriously, this stuff you read is looking like a very unhealthy addiction. There's no way this is good for your mental health.

I get very annoyed when a youth or youths ask me to buy them cigarettes or alcohol! I don't know if anyone else has received this hassle.

Probably best to remember that they’re just kids. Kids do stuff like that. Or do you mean it annoys you that you look like the type of person that a kid would ask something like that of?

I asked one of the support workers during the autism drop in earlier. One person didn't appear to know what words I was saying. There was maybe about 12 people or so who did know (over 3 different days). I suggested to the support worker that either he did know and whatever reason he pretended not to know (if so I don't think that behaviour would be acceptable) but I also said to the support worker he could have genuinely didn't know what I was saying. I only speak to the person who claims to not know what I am saying on minimal occasions.

Another thing I found strange and was annoyed about but didn't show it was, earlier today, another passenger who was at the bus stop before me wasn't boarding the bus, some passengers say you first, the person wasn't doing this either, if that person was happy to hold up the bus so be it. I try not to skip queues.

It seems strange to me that, it's a warm sunny day today, and a lot of people are in shorts and t-shirt, but a friend told me that a bus had its heating on full blast, the heating being next to the seats on ground level. It got me thinking, it could be potentially dangerous if someone had say a deodorant can in their bag.

Life is full of inconveniences. It's just a fact of life.

A couple of months ago, some thieves tried to steal the catalytic converter from our old farm truck in the middle of the night. It's a 1999 Toyota Tacoma truck with a little over 200,000 miles on it. We've had it for 23 years, have always maintained it, and it runs great. The thief sliced through the metal above and below the converter but didn't succeed in taking it. We think my husband scared them away by turning on the garage light and walking outside on our driveway. He had heard a weird sound about midnight, thought it was a car on the road with a bumper or chain dragging and went outside. The sound had stopped by the time he got outside, he saw nothing, and never suspected that a criminal was lying under the truck with a battery-operated saw about 10 feet from him.

The thieves came back two more times trying to get the converter. Each time, we just got lucky, turned on outdoor lights and scared them off. We now have little cameras all over the place that send the real-time videos and an alert to hubby's cell phone. The camera under the truck has provided great videos of a stray cat that keeps going under the truck, a mouse, and a waddling opossum that walked under it. No sign of the thieves. So far.

So, our old truck is probably worth about $2000 (although it is precious to me!) and has a $1000 insurance deductible so if we filed a claim, the insurance company would probably consider the truck totaled because a new muffler assembly costs about $2000 for parts and labor, and would send us a check for about $1000. We cannot replace the truck for $1000! Hubby found a YouTube video about how to repair the slits and it is working fine now although I think I smell a whiff of exhaust fumes sometimes.

All of this is a major inconvenience. But definitely not life-threatening or particularly remarkable because these cat converter thieves are all over the country these days. They're selling the gold and other valuable metal components from the converters. If they tried to break into our home, they would be met by gunfire, but it is against the law to use deadly force to protect property.

It has been an exhausting experience. ;)

The social rule EVERYWHERE should now be the following and I think it's not only reasonable, it's common courtesy:

Anyone in public who has a cough of any kind should WEAR A MASK for the safety of others. Bring a mask. Put it on if you have a cough. Is that so hard?

A church going extended family member of mine asked me to go to their church on Easter Sunday because it meant a lot to them for me to be there. I haven't been in a church in years. I obliged. The church was packed and there were only two other people I saw in the whole church other than me that had a mask on. I was shocked that there were some people around the congregation that had chronic, wet, rattling coughs with no masks on. Unbelievable to me. I didn't stick around. I told my family member that if I was the priest/pastor of a church I'd tell the congregation the following two rules:

1) Bring a mask with you. If you have a cough, put it on for the safety and courtesy of others.
2) If you do not have a mask with you and you have a cough...leave the building, period.

I guess that kind of common sense is too much to ask.

I became uncomfortable today in a coffee shop and felt I needed to leave. The stress this causes in itself but also the fact due to this I left my earphones case with my library card in it and the fact I left my paid for drink, (I'm more upset about my earphone case and library card) I was sat minding my own business doing nothing wrong, every two or three seconds, the person to the right of me would touch her hair, her face and her shoulder, this is unusual, of course there's a social thing to touch your shoulder for a second occasionally, I do that to 'fit in'.

In my view calling someone who is on the autistic spectrum paranoid for being cautious about entering passwords is a disability hate crime, why have passwords in the first place if people are not going to bother with them!? When using public-use public libraries.

In my view calling someone who is on the autistic spectrum paranoid for being cautious about entering passwords is a disability hate crime, why have passwords in the first place if people are not going to bother with them!? When using public-use public libraries.

Such observations appear to reflect an example of two dynamics in play:

1) Someone on the spectrum who is apt to view any number of concerns from a conditional perspective. Right/wrong, yes/no, true/false, black/white. Attempting to reason where there is no middle-ground and that any perceived slight whether it really is related to autism or not should be vigorously prosecuted in accordance with your nation's laws.

A perspective which is diametrically opposed to an unfortunate political reality:

2) That there are any number of laws on the books which are politically motivated and not intended to be rigidly or uniformly enforced. A dynamic that can occur in any number of democratic republics. The creation of various laws that are designed primarily to appease the voters, without actually taking up any legal resources to enforce them.

IMO, even in Britain your expectations of such laws being formally enforced and prosecuted are likely to be unrealistic. In essence, it's time for you to let go of such anger and intolerance and focus on more practical pursuits. - Better mental health.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom