• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I run a blog on living with Asperger's, my latest obsession

Max, was that actually you flapping your arms in that club in the youtube video?
I would probably die from anxiety before entering a club, let alone do that...
It was interesting (funny) to watch though :)

On another note, I'm finding your blog to be an interesting read and will be checking it out quite regularly from now on.

I've always loved writing, so a blog seemed the logical thing to do.I so struggle to explain to people what it's like being an Aspie, so I figured I'd do it writing, which I always found easier than talking.

Check out if you like, several Aspies have told me they enjoyed it :)

Link:
Max's shop of horrors | Warning: imagination testing site. Enter at own risk
Love your blog Max. We share many of the same views and it makes me feel good to know that there are others out there that see the benefit in having Aspergers, or just enjoying being whoever you are.

Max, was that actually you flapping your arms in that club in the youtube video?
I would probably die from anxiety before entering a club, let alone do that...
It was interesting (funny) to watch though :)

On another note, I'm finding your blog to be an interesting read and will be checking it out quite regularly from now on.

Yes, that is indeed me in the video. :)
And thank you!

Love your blog Max. We share many of the same views and it makes me feel good to know that there are others out there that see the benefit in having Aspergers, or just enjoying being whoever you are.

Thank you, I'm also glad to find I'm not the only one. :)

Excellent. I really appreciate hearing other people's perspective living on the spectrum, and I like your writing style a lot.

I tip my proverbial hat, and I look forward to future entries. :}

Good stuff. I think I mentioned before that I really like your writing style, but I want to add that I really appreciate how you explain what this is like for you. I feel that I have a much better understanding. Most excellent. :)

Thank you, I was trying to convey the experience to people without Asperger's as well, so I'm glad it communicates what it's like. :)

I am pretty sure that it would come across clearly to NT's. I of course am not one but I have found that my OCD type quirks are particular and I appreciate learning how others traits present as it's usually different from my experience. And if I'm not mistaken, men experience things differently from women on the spectrum.

My diagnosis is still relatively new and there's a lot I have to learn. :)

As I understand it, there's still a lot more research on men on the spectrum than women; I've heard that because they present differently, autism in women may be heavily under-diagnosed.

If I may ask, at what age were you diagnosed? :)

As I understand it, there's still a lot more research on men on the spectrum than women; I've heard that because they present differently, autism in women may be heavily under-diagnosed.

If I may ask, at what age were you diagnosed? :)

Of course :) I was actually trying to remember that earlier tonight, I don't do very well with time and dates and stuff. It was at least a few months ago, but not more than hmm, maybe a year go. So at some point within that time frame. It's also difficult to pin down because it was more of a process, and 4 health care professionals had input, so it's complicated when I think about it.

You're right too, there's so much more research on men. I've heard the same things.

New Threads

Top Bottom